Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
535iAR

General Election 8th June

427 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, Loadmaster said:

As long as Corbyn isn't PM.......

There's more chance of me finding fairies at the bottom of my garden.

Edited by e60neindanke
Removed sexist content.
Loadmaster likes this

Michael Crick of Channel 4 News suggested that up to 30 people may be charged. However, in this country people are presumed innocent until proven guilty in law. So that has no bearing upon it at all, I'm afraid. However...

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/tory-election-fraud-prosecutions-cps-election-campaign-result-overturn-battle-bus-a7689801.html

What was interesting - before I turned the TV off and unplugged it - was an interview with Professor John Curtice from the University of Strathclyde.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-39630823

I'm with Brenda! http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-39631693

Edited by e60neindanke

Well we can disagree on the motivation for this move, but I'm not going to go there.

The risk to Torys are the Lib Dems, if they stand on a full spectrum anti-Brexit platform (Corbyn doesn't have the balls for that), then Tories could lose their majority quite easily. Then you have utter chaos :D

I've tried Lab, Lib Dem and Con over the years and they're all out for party political or personal ends. They have all let us down. I reckon she's on a pretty safe bet when you look at the alternatives.

As far as the NHS is concerned not only is it under attack by the government, it is also being bled quietly to death by thoughtless sods calling 999 for no good reason or turning up at A&E because they've got a cold.

Sent from my Vodafone Smart ultra 6 using Tapatalk

It will prove interesting North o' the border.

Will the supposed Scottish Independence at all costs/anti-Brexit majority come out of the woodwork and support wee Jimmy and her puppet master?

Or will they look at the fact that after 2 years in 'government' the SNP has achieved exactly tow thirds of five eighths of fuck all and all vote Monster Raving Looney?

Or will the blue-collar mentality come to the fore and Labour gain back the seats that were eroded under Bliar's regime?

There is no-one else up here getting a look in and it's sure as eggs is eggs that Ruth Davidson and her cronies are going to be lucky to keep their deposits!

If the SNP don't win by a landslide it's a racing cert her mono-browedness will demand at least a recount if not another election :lol:

15 minutes ago, pauliexjr said:

It will prove interesting North o' the border.

Will the supposed Scottish Independence at all costs/anti-Brexit majority come out of the woodwork and support wee Jimmy and her puppet master?

Or will they look at the fact that after 2 years in 'government' the SNP has achieved exactly tow thirds of five eighths of fuck all and all vote Monster Raving Looney?

Surely the current situation is ideal for the Nats?

Something good happens; "it was the SNP wot done it."

Something bad happens; "It was Westminster wot done it."

5 hours ago, e60neindanke said:

The problem is nothing has happened, period! Wee Jimmy Crankie has spent the past 24 months beating her gums about wanting independence and more power over our future whilst singularly failing to exercise the additional powers ceded to the Scottish Government at the end of the last Neverendum.

Meanwhile Scottish Education (under the control of the Scottish Parliament) the Scottish NHS (under the control of the Scottish Parliament) the road and transport infrastructure (under the control of the Scottish Parliament) to name but few all go to hell in a handcart due to underfunding and lack of clear policy.

Edited by pauliexjr

9 hours ago, e60neindanke said:

That's the Scottish Nazi Party summed up perfectly.  Wee Jimmy was very negative about it all initially.  Saying things like its just done for the benefit of her (May's) party.  POT KETTLE BLACK!

All we have had up here since the 2014 vote didn't go their way is constant winging and whining about Indy ref 2.  My litt'un who is 2 and a half has a better understanding of the word no than that swivel eyed lunatic.

As said before there really isn't a choice up here.  Scotland still can't bring itself to vote Tory.  A Vote for the SNP is seen as a vote to encourage them to their project vanity. Labour, who what where?  UKIP, hmm well might as well vote Tory, the Greens want to put road tolls every where so they can feck off. Lib dems haven't been forgiven since sleeping with the Torys for 5 years.

Although

10 hours ago, Loadmaster said:

As long as Corbyn isn't PM.......

If he does get in, he wants to re-nationalize the railways which means as someone who works in the Rail industry at my grade I would get a First Class all stations pass, so would the wife and so would the litt'un.  Hmmmmm

Calypso-E34 likes this

6 hours ago, pauliexjr said:

The problem is nothing has happened, period! Wee Jimmy Crankie has spent the past 24 months beating her gums about wanting independence and more power over our future whilst singularly failing to exercise the additional powers ceded to the Scottish Government at the end of the last Neverendum.

Meanwhile Scottish Education (under the control of the Scottish Parliament) the Scottish NHS (under the control of the Scottish Parliament) the road and transport infrastructure (under the control of the Scottish Parliament) to name but few all go to hell in a handcart due to underfunding and lack of clear policy.

Well, you do seem to have a problem with schools literally falling down, which doesn't seem to be being addressed in any great hurry (at least to this Sassenach)

Apropos of Comrade Corbyn: until it was overruled by the party's NEC, he was in favour of forcing every sitting Labour MP to face reselection by their own constituency party first; some might cynically say to make sure that his supporters were everywhere.

The upper middle class idiot that is Corbyn is interested in only one thing; ideological purity. He doesn't want to run the country. Whilst he is in charge, Labour are utterly finished. The only reason they will retain as many seats as they will is because of tribalism.

Edited by e60neindanke
535iAR likes this

Seems May has refused to debate with what little opposition there is. An open goal and she cant get the ball over the line. 

HotboxDeluxe likes this

2 hours ago, 535iAR said:

As said before there really isn't a choice up here.  Scotland still can't bring itself to vote Tory. 

As I'm not Scottish therefore written with respect. Apart from the Poll Tax being a year early, and something which happened in the 1800 or 1900 (which I can't remember, please remind me).  Why can't Scots forgive Tory's? 

To me the SNP will constantly have a referendum until they get independence. Therefore to me the only choice is to vote Tory if Scots want to put an end to Independence and then MPs can run the country correctly. However it will be under the Tory

Edited by nealpina
Written on phone hence too many typos
535iAR likes this

5 minutes ago, whiskychaser said:

Seems May has refused to debate with what little opposition there is. An open goal and she cant get the ball over the line. 

Whilst I think that televised debates belong in the showbiz-obsessed US and have no place in the UK, it doesn't surprise me. At the despatch box, even bloody Corbyn can run rings around her. No, she's much happier letting Dacre and Gallagher do the talking for her, as evinced by the front pages of the Mail and Sun today.

7 minutes ago, e60neindanke said:

Well, you do seem to have a problem with schools literally falling down, which doesn't seem to be being addressed in any great hurry (at least to this Sassenach)

To be fair that is due to a lack of brick ties which was not spotted by the local authority engineers as they are under staffed because the Scottish Government don't give them enough money so they can keep the cash for their project vanity 2.

Atleast this election will make the Scottish Nasty Party spend some of their funds, funds which they want to desperately spend on project vanity 2, on campaigning for this election instead of getting to spend the max on their blinkered vision for a minority of the country. Thus hopefully their Indy ref 2 campaign will be hindered.

e60neindanke likes this

12 hours ago, whiskychaser said:

I was thinking more along the lines of Genesis - Jesus, He knows me. And he knows I'm right

I was rather thinking 'Suicide is Painless'..............................

whiskychaser likes this

3 minutes ago, nealpina said:

As I'm not Scottish therefore written with respect. Apart from the Poll Tax being a year early, and something which happened in the 1800 or 1900 (which I can't remember, please remind me).  Why can't Scots forgive Tory's? 

To me the SNP will constantly have a referendum until they get independence. Therefore to me the only choice is to vote Tory if Scots want to put an end to Independence and then MPs can run the country correctly. However it will be under the Tory

They don't like Thatcher for the Poll Tax and the shutting of the mining industry. Her attitude was if you don't want to work (as they were on strike) I'll just shut it down and fcuk the lot of you.

My brother in law is a real Thatcher hater. He who was born 5 years after she left power and who has yet to pay any form of tax! Yeah go figure....

SNP need to go, so I do believe you are right.

nealpina likes this

31 minutes ago, 535iAR said:

They don't like Thatcher for the Poll Tax and the shutting of the mining industry. Her attitude was if you don't want to work (as they were on strike) I'll just shut it down and fcuk the lot of you.

SNP need to go, so I do believe you are right.

Cheers

Therefore to add further who do Scots hate more Thatcher or Sturgeon? Or another way to look at it - will Sturgeon do more harm than Thatcher or May in the long run? 

To be fair to Thatcher but this is with reflection and not at the current time. Thatcher took strong action with all industry that went on strike; and we do not have any coal mines left in the U.K. However it was unfair that Scotland was the first. 

535iAR likes this

15 minutes ago, nealpina said:

Therefore to add further who do Scots hate more Thatcher or Sturgeon? Or another way to look at it - will Sturgeon do more harm than Thatcher or May in the long run? 

Sturgeon.

and

Yes, Sturgeon.

I was 12 when thatcher left power but I remember the news. My dad liked the Poll Tax as he paid less on that than he did on the old rates system.

Edited by 535iAR
nealpina likes this

Made me laugh. 

If May goes with that angle and says we will never treat Scotland unfairly or use the Scots as a testing ground. Therefore if we do things which have no control over the Scottish Parliament - It will then affect the entire UK 

edit: may change voter's votes

Edited by nealpina
Phone typo and added the edit.

Yep, Thatcher is reviled in Scotland even by people who were not born at the time, tribal memory lives on!

As for Thatcher/May v Sturgeon you will always have a die-hard core of Scots who live with the chip of past injustices on their shoulders (they have officially and metaphorically been at war with England since the 1st War of Independence in 1296!) ) and would rather be disembowelled with a spoon (nod to Alan Rickman in Robin Hood) than vote anything other than SNP, they are, if the polls are to be believed, currently in the majority so the Tories will lose big style!

535iAR likes this

Apart from the fact that some voters will instinctively never vote Tory (or Labour or Lib Dem delete as necessary) because of historical policies, what exactly do they hate about May taking us out of the EU? The Tories wanted In. She was borderline remain but after Nige and the two fat boys ran away she at least had the balls (figuratively) to grasp a very sh*tty stick and try to do what the country voted for (Brexit means Brexit ad nauseam). So what's the fear - that she's going to sell us down the river? I guess she may but if people are likening her to Thatcher is that likely? We're going to be so painfully rogered by the other EU members that perhaps we won't notice what she's up to.

Sent from my Vodafone Smart ultra 6 using Tapatalk

e60neindanke likes this

Somehow, this woman thinks that having a greater mandate gives her a better hand in dealing with the EU27.

It won't. She will still get screwed over royally, especially with the Three Unwise Monkeys out there.

It's all about destroying what's left of Labour, because at the moment it's not doing enough to do that job itself. And she will do whatever she needs to keep herself in power.

10 minutes ago, pauliexjr said:

Yep, Thatcher is reviled in Scotland even by people who were not born at the time, tribal memory lives on!

As for Thatcher/May v Sturgeon you will always have a die-hard core of Scots who live with the chip of past injustices on their shoulders (they have officially and metaphorically been at war with England since the 1st War of Independence in 1296!) ) and would rather be disembowelled with a spoon (nod to Alan Rickman in Robin Hood) than vote anything other than SNP, they are, if the polls are to be believed, currently in the majority so the Tories will lose big style!

Don't forget that south of the border there are a lot of people who bellyache about the Barnett Formula ;)