Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
535iAR

General Election 8th June

107 posts in this topic

Exciting times ahead for politics 

Not sure I would say exciting as I live north of the Border so its more like scary in case wee Jimmy gets her way and we are lopped off from the rUK.

So what does that mean for leaving the EU? 

It will be a put up or shut up.

As May was not an elected PM, she will want to get the backing of the country as a whole (get her party voted back in) and say right we are in this together lets leave.

She knows she will get back in as Labour will not win as they can't win without the Scottish vote which has now all gone to the Scottish Nasty Party led by the Meglomaniac.  Unless fingers crossed those loonies get voted oot!

Libs - non existent, Greens - joke. UKIP, well they've don their bit now.

Only leaves the blue brigade.

Not sure I would say exciting as I live north of the Border so its more like scary in case wee Jimmy gets her way and we are lopped off from the rUK.

We'll still speak to you pal!

Sent from my Vodafone Smart ultra 6 using Tapatalk

535iAR likes this

IMHO

Cruella knows that Labour isn't electable in its present form, so she sees no reason not to try to extend the Tories' reign by an extra couple of years, and yes as 'she' wasn't elected it will give her own position more credence as well as her frankly bizarre, blinkered Brexit process.

However

I think its an unnecessary distraction from the actual Brexit process/nightmare, and there will be a record low turnout as most people won't see the point of voting. The only way to make this interesting to most voters would be the unlikely emergence of a (new?) party with a 'remain' manifesto - albeit the likelihood of Trump having sex with Kim Jon Thinghy is probably more of a possibility!

Frankly, I can't see who to vote for (or vote against) this time - goes against my 'free to vote' belief - but frankly I cant see anything other than a Labour or Lib Dem landslide changing anything and that isn't going to happen.

Freedom is a pain sometimes!

"...Trump having sex with Kim Jon Thinghy..."

Jeez....you're not going to sell many tickets for that!

Sent from my Vodafone Smart ultra 6 using Tapatalk

Yet again bloody Jimmy Krankie is getting the coverage by the media... FFS there are other home nations....

^The poisoned dwarf from the north is saying it's a huge miscalculation.

Aye cos you've been rumbled and can only loose seats.

My local hospital is shutting its children's ward (where we have rushed our littlun to several times recently) and the local MSP and MP are both suitably silent on it as they are too busy planning project vanity 2. Grinds my gears grrr.

Karl likes this

I listened to her speech earlier. Nasty and authoritarian. Sadly, I think the Daily Mash has called it right:

http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/politics/politics-headlines/theresa-may-announces-last-election-20170418126203

Along with http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/politics/politics-headlines/more-politics-how-absolutely-fking-fantastic-says-britain-20170418126187

Edited by e60neindanke

TBH there is only going to be one outcome and that is a Tory victory. The only thing that might make them think about heading in a different direction as far as a hard/soft brexit is if there were considerable gains for the Lib dems. The Labour Party are a spent force, only catering for the party faithful with no interest in the wider electorate. 

A vote for the tories is a rubber stamp to carry on with a hard brexit, no more money for health, education, police, fire services and other public services and no attempt to improve our road/rail infrastructure. 

We'll to wait and see what happens but I suspect nothing good will come out of it :(

e60neindanke and Fezzy16v like this

What has she been drinking? One party state? Vote for her and her policies forever? I couldnt care less if there is a general election and the conservatives win. But get that woman out. She isnt well

e60neindanke likes this

Just now, whiskychaser said:

What has she been drinking? One party state? Vote for her and her policies forever? I couldnt care less if there is a general election and the conservatives win. But get that woman out. She isnt well

Sorry, just to clarify are you talking about May or Sturgeon? :D

3 hours ago, kobayashi said:

A vote for the tories is a rubber stamp to carry on with a hard brexit

Tory it is then.  :D

Life long Conservative voter here but after how they have systematically tried to ruin the NHS, I can't carry on voting for them.

Trouble is, who else can I vote for?

Loadmaster likes this

I'm stuffed. It's blue-rosette-on-a-roadkill-badger territory round here. Until the rise of the Party For Scared Old White Men, the Lib Dems came second round here. Labour (where my sympathies lie) are a pointless exercise; you could probably hold constituency meetings in someone's garden shed and still have room for the lawnmower and wheelbarrow.

So, I thought 'Lib Dem'. But I can't forget the fact that they propped up a Tory administration in their lust to get a bit of power, and any suggestion that they acted as a brake on Tory excess is laughable, to put it mildly.

It would therefore seem that my only option is to sit on my arse on June 8th and not vote. I have family members that work hard in the front line of the NHS, frequently taking on additional night duties on top of their daily ones. Yet I can see Pound Shop Thatcher and her headbanger mates wanting to flog chunks of that off to private companies... and there's sod all I can do to stop it. :(

Still, I'm going to look on the bright side. I am going to save some money on my leccy bill by not turning on the radio and TV until after June 9th. :)

HotboxDeluxe likes this

6 hours ago, whiskychaser said:

Why have I got the chorus from Roger Taylor's Future Management stuck in my head at the moment...?

whiskychaser likes this

As long as Corbyn isn't PM.......

12 minutes ago, e60neindanke said:

Why have I got the chorus from Roger Taylor's Future Management stuck in my head at the moment...?

I was thinking more along the lines of Genesis - Jesus, He knows me. And he knows I'm right