stu08

Wheel Spacers

3 posts in this topic

Good afternoon all,

I'm currently restoring (not extensively), an E39 Sport. I really like the style 66 17" wheels fitted - staggered setup.

I'm going to fit new suspension soon so will most likely be lowering the car a very small amount - maybe 10mm at most.

I'm a huge fan of the 66's - their design suits the car really nicely. However once lowered they will probably look a little lost in the arches. Therefore I want to fit decent hub centric spacers. 

I'm thinking of 15 mm all round spacers to keep the staggered effect. 

What are people's view on this? I don't want any rubbing (will fit extended bolts also).

Will spacers negatively affect the handling etc? Although it's not exactly a lightweight sports car!

Hi Stu,

I have 15mm BIMECC spacers all around on the Touring - I have 66's , but not staggered. The BIMECC's are good value for money IMO.

No rubbing with my set up. Steering maybe a wee bit heavier, but nothing really to worry about.

IMG_1409.JPG

15mm will be spot on; exactly what I'll be doing to my 530i

They'll have the tyres sitting flush with the arches; there should be no rubbing issues at all, unless you lower a lot!

Bimecc spacers are very good; but they're expensive again IMO; these seem to be priced very well and know plenty of folk that have them on other cars and they've had zero issues:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/191202399648?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT