V8Warrior

Welcome text on IKE

Richard, you previously said how to add the welcome text to the IKE for when you unlock the car, I remember it being something really easy to do with about 30 seconds time to do it, but cannot remember how I did it. Been asked to add the same on a friends car :)

Could you please remind me what the line of code is that needs to be sent to the Intravee and how it's done again.

Cheers

The only way is by using the 'welcome' command in the downloader.  Connect up as if to update the firmware and then type the command

welcome message

where message is any message up to 20 characters.  If the command is successful you should see 

Welcome is 'message'

displayed in the downloader. 

To turn off the message, just enter the welcome command on its own.

Hi Richard, tried this today and it wouldn’t work. I know I was connected properly as I re-named one of the DAB banks successfully.

I typed the following trying to put Alpina as the welcome message:

welcome Alpina

i think the error was something like invalid command, tried it a number of times so what am I doing wrong!

Which firmware version are you running?  The welcome message is relatively recent, if it's saying that 'welcome' is an invalid command then the firmware you have does not support it.

Sorry, I don’t have a nice concise change list. Something I’ve been meaning to do and just not got round to.

There is nothing really major, one or two extra options for lights etc.

There is a change to the requests for the current light status info that significantly reduces the number of requests particularly if the ignition is not in position II. Sending a lot of requests can cause strange behaviour on some vehicles.

On 1/20/2018 at 9:05 AM, RichardP said:

The only way is by using the 'welcome' command in the downloader.  Connect up as if to update the firmware and then type the command

welcome message

where message is any message up to 20 characters.  If the command is successful you should see 

Welcome is 'message'

displayed in the downloader. 

To turn off the message, just enter the welcome command on its own.

Hi richard when i type'' welcome'' on it's own i get unrecognised command

You said you typed " welcome" which suggested to me you may have had a space in front of "welcome".

Just to be clear the command you should type is :

welcome

No spaces, no quotes, the command line interface for the Intravee is VERY picky!