oberlointment

what are these hoses please?

7 posts in this topic

I have got a small hole in the rubber boot just behind the maf which is making a wonderful whistling noise when I accelerate. So have decided to replace all the rubber hoses. I can locate the two main rubber boots on realoem, but I am having trouble with the two hoses that attached to the top of the first rubber boot.  Hopefully one of you can point me in the right direction. I have attached an image. 

BMW_M54B25_001.pdf

13 hours ago, oberlointment said:

I have got a small hole in the rubber boot just behind the maf which is making a wonderful whistling noise when I accelerate. So have decided to replace all the rubber hoses. I can locate the two main rubber boots on realoem, but I am having trouble with the two hoses that attached to the top of the first rubber boot.  Hopefully one of you can point me in the right direction. I have attached an image. 

BMW_M54B25_001.pdf

They're not listed!

Had the same issue with my previous E39 and had to make do etc... They seem to snap where they connect into that small pipe that's in the intake boot!

They're not listed!

Thanks will have to think of a good work around. Guess I can just buy a similar diameter hoses and trim to fit.

The larger hose is indeed item 3 on the diagram as DerekJr. suggested. Hose from intake boot to the black plastic jet pump. I replaced it recently. For me it was the jet pump itself broken so I bought the whole assembly (item 1, part no. 11617545382) which came with everything - see pic...

11617545382-2[1].jpg

I'm not sure if you can get that hose separately, but it's just a straight piece of hose so you could just take it to your local motor factor and match it up with a suitable piece of vacuum rated hose off a reel. Although the assembly provides you with the plastic manifold that plugs into the big intake boot which might be useful - mine had gone brittle with age and I broke it during my job so was glad to have a new one!

The smaller hose is the manifold pressure reference signal that goes to the fuel pressure regulator. It's part of assembly item 10 on this diagram...

http://www.realoem.com/bmw/enUS/showparts?id=DT42-EUR-10-2001-E39-BMW-525i&diagId=13_0918

Specifically it's item 13 that goes from the intake boot to the hard piping clamped to the chassis. Again it's just some standard vacuum hose and even if you bought that from BMW it'll be a longer length you cut yourself, so again just as good to go to your local motor factor and match it up. Again make sure it's vacuum rated hose.

thanks Liam79 that is exactly the pipe I am after. And thank you for the concise and informative answer its very pleasing to finally find out what its for. I will get a length of vacuum hose from my local motor spares shop.