Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
norightsock

Engine light on????

3 posts in this topic

Hello guys...started my car this morning no problem at all...no warning lights either...drove the car onto the pavement to wash/clean the inside ...did this then afterwards the engine light come on...read the handbook and it states..'' deterioration of exhaust emission control values.....Have the problem examined by BMW service!!!

Can't figure out why  this come on and how to get rid of it (without going to BMW hopefully)!

Any tips/help appreciated!

Car is the 525i se auto on a 2001 plate with 48000 on clock and full BMW service history!

Based in Notts so looking for good indies!!!

Edited by norightsock

23 hours ago, norightsock said:

Hello guys...started my car this morning no problem at all...no warning lights either...drove the car onto the pavement to wash/clean the inside ...did this then afterwards the engine light come on...read the handbook and it states..'' deterioration of exhaust emission control values.....Have the problem examined by BMW service!!!

Can't figure out why  this come on and how to get rid of it (without going to BMW hopefully)!

Any tips/help appreciated!

Car is the 525i se auto on a 2001 plate with 48000 on clock and full BMW service history!

Based in Notts so looking for good indies!!!

Stick this in the E39 tech section further down the hope page pal; you'll get better coverage and answers there.. This is just General chat etc!

norightsock likes this