CarlBM

Caliper Painting

4 posts in this topic

Thought I would try a different colour on my Calipers.

Original - painted with smooth black hammerite....

image_zpszys05tph.jpeg

New.... Monte Carlo blue and clearcoat.

not liking the silver clip, think I will paint it gloss black at the weekend.......

image_zpsfdzvesst.jpeg

image_zps3c35vwyk.jpeg

adeel43 and d_a_n1979 like this

Done all for calipers in Hammerite smooth black myself. Gone off coloured calipers now, more so I no longer have a Honda (well, one that works) :lol: 

I used the Hammerite BBQ heat-proof paint. It's to be applied by brush, but it's that thick it coats really well and looks smooth when it's gone off etc

I did the brake disc hats too as they rust and look bloody 'orrible behind the alloys!

Edited by d_a_n1979

Sorry for the necro, but I am about to do the same on my E60 and was wondering how you painted them? As in did you take them fully off and let them hang by the brake line while you sprayed them all around or was it just a mask off and spray game?

Cheers

On 2017-5-31 at 11:01 AM, iiNNeX said:

Sorry for the necro, but I am about to do the same on my E60 and was wondering how you painted them? As in did you take them fully off and let them hang by the brake line while you sprayed them all around or was it just a mask off and spray game?

Cheers

Nah; just paint them with a brush if you're to go with simple black/silver/red etc... It coats thicker IMO and settles smooth once it's gone off. If you're going to spray, just mask off everything around the caliper and that wing/door as well to avoid any overspray.

Anything that gets on the disc will soon eb scrubbed off when you brake and IMO, a bit of hard braking is good to get the calipers hot and bake the paint on a bit ;) 

iiNNeX likes this