3drstretch

Heated seat and electric seat looms ??

21 posts in this topic

Who be Interested in purchasing either of these looms to assist you when upgraded your seats to comfort/contours or just heated seats ready for next winter. All original BMW connections used. Wire of correct sizing and covered with overbraid to protect it.

a9b0b645ef031acabbfdd856a12caa8c.jpg

c0db024c88b47da4b8e99103bfe24f1f.jpg

ae810d68c80267d17ead916e9bcf5a12.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NuckingFuts and Hairyarse like this

What about the seats themselves?

10 minutes ago, NuckingFuts said:

What about the seats themselves?

Seats are easy to come by depending on wot you want. Contours/comforts heated massage etc Parts for sale in here. Ebay. Breakers etc but most IF any will spend half a day stripping out the looms needed to make them work as it's all tied into the main loom in car. Which is where I come in as BMW themselves don't sell these looms anymore. 

NuckingFuts likes this

Done and done Dr stretch.

Congratulations on your doctorate.

3 minutes ago, NuckingFuts said:

Done and done Dr stretch.

Congratulations on your doctorate.

emoji106.png

It's actually an old username from my Ford days when I owned a 3 door cossie and my nickname Is stretch ;)

NuckingFuts likes this

50 minutes ago, oberlointment said:

What's the difference between heated seats and the electric seat looms.

Electric operates the movement of the seats. Heating is for the bum warmers lol. You can get manual seats that are heated and electric seats that aren't heated. So each loom caters for wot you need 

NuckingFuts likes this

I've just bought some active seats that say they come with the wiring but would you be able to help out with those if needed?

7 minutes ago, BarryM said:

I've just bought some active seats that say they come with the wiring but would you be able to help out with those if needed?

Yeh should be able to help ya there. When they say wiring I'm betting it's the plugs with a few inches of wiring 

BarryM likes this

What are you thinking of price wise for this special, one of a kind, never seem before loom?

3 hours ago, NuckingFuts said:

What are you thinking of price wise for this special, one of a kind, never seem before loom?

£75 for the heated seat loom and £80 for electric seats loom if ya wanna source ya own k72 relay or £90 and I'll supply a secondhand one. New relays  are £80+

NuckingFuts likes this

I would certainly if doing the mod. No plans to at the moment though - still in the quandary if to keep my current 39 (petrol) or go diesel again. 

NuckingFuts likes this

I've got the panel with the heated seats switches above the legendary e39 cup holders and obviously the heated seats fitted. If I bought your loom. What else do I need to do to get 'em going ? Cheers. 

NuckingFuts likes this

I'd love the loom if I was to get the heated seats and the panel together.

Not on the hunt at the moment but as soon as I am, for sure.

15 hours ago, SplitBusVanatic said:

I've got the panel with the heated seats switches above the legendary e39 cup holders and obviously the heated seats fitted. If I bought your loom. What else do I need to do to get 'em going ? Cheers. 

Nothing apart from time to install the loom. ;) 

A couple of years ago there was a smell of burning on the passenger seat squab while the electric seat heating was switched on and a small burn hole appeared in the leather. Much panicking and pulling of wires under the seat followed and eventually I removed the fuse. What is involved in fitting a new seat squab loom and what sort of money would I be looking at?

Just got my active seats and need to check what wiring I've received. Think I might need wiring from the main seat connector to the centre switch panel so will be in touch when I get to it