Yokozuna

X6 scam.....

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/252847898502

BMW X6 XDRIVE 35D 

I'm currently in a back and forth email chat with the seller and they have said I can't view the car as its in Northern Ireland and they will ship the car at their expense to me and offer me a 7 day refund policy via eBay and PayPal if I'm not happy with it! :rolleyes: 

the thing is I can get to Northern Ireland by tea time today to view the car but they are digging their heels in, wonder why? :lol: 

Run, run away!!!!  :ph34r:

£6k????

Custom interior?? And no photos??  

Maybe his brother the prince can pay you to clear cash for him too!! 

Edited by Lennox

Well I've been given an address for the car! Orrrr it's for a campsite and I won't be coming back! :lol: 

ive asked for a pic of the current mileage and guess what? Yep, not got a pic of the current mileage! :lol: 

im just waiting for them to ask me for MY account details so they can give me some money..... :lol: 

Just looking at that ebay add and in suggested sales under listing it shows same car getting sold from NORWICH  with 91000 miles the other one is 75000 miles,seller Curtishowe0 ebay listing 222465822299 sorry dont no how to do links.very strange

oh and the price listed is £7099

Edited by oldtechnoman

The usual scam laws apply

1) The wording of the description is all in capitals and has errors ( PUSH START FRONT and 16 SERVICES ) 2 Services per year @ ~10k miles per year

2) No interior pictures

3) Sellers referred to in the thirt person

4) Inoccuous location. Clearly residential but very sanitised

5) Take a leaf from Wheeler Dealers - No see, no bid

With these and the reluctance to meet with you, it is one to run from IMHO

Oh it gets better, they have sent me a pic of their passport which just looks all wrong and have demanded I send them a pic of either MY passport or drivers license! 

Needless to say I've not bothered and asked why the require that info and all they could answer is for the sale to go ahead we need info! What? Really? Err no! Anyway I've got bored now so I might forward it to the police?

Seller has 33 cars listed, everyone pictured in a different location, hmmm.

All priced around £4-6k for some reason.

Was browsing Motorhomes the other day on ebay, exactly the same, and similar contact email in listing.

I reckon over half of the motorhomes on ebay are scams.

On 07/04/2017 at 8:08 PM, d_a_n1979 said:

Dodgy as feckery... Why do these consummate twats think they can get away with shite like this?

I'm up for a road trip if you are @Yokozuna ;) 

There will always be scammers like this because there will always be people who fall for this sort of thing.

I watched a documentary that said they miss spell and use bad English on purpose, it's to try and weed out the savvy and the stupid, most people will look at the add and no it isn't right, the stupid people won't notice and in doing so reveal that they are probably a lot more suseptable to having the wool pulled over their eyes.

13 hours ago, Loadmaster said:

There will always be scammers like this because there will always be people who fall for this sort of thing.

I know this; it's just a shame that it does still happen. Are people really that thick?!

6 hours ago, d_a_n1979 said:

I know this; it's just a shame that it does still happen. Are people really that thick?!

Yep, my brother-in-law was all geared up to send an  alleged Thai bird £3,000 via Western Union to help her get to the UK because "my Govmment insistes that I hav enugh money to support myself while I am wit U" (direct quote from 'her' e-mail)

When I pointed out that despite her Thai origins 'she' was apparently flying from West Africa he said she'd explained her parents were exiles from Thailand and the fact the passport image and flight booking she had sent him were patently bogus and photo shopped was actually down to the poor Internet connection from Benin where 'she' was allegedly living!

Yep, my brother-in-law was all geared up to send an  alleged Thai bird £3,000 via Western Union to help her get to the UKbr />

Does he want to buy a car?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

^Tell your brother in law to just send me the £3,000 if he wants to give his money away.....I could buy that performance kit that Costwolds have on offer at the moment for my F10 and get my windows tinted too.

Yep, my brother-in-law was all geared up to send an  alleged Thai bird £3,000 via Western Union to help her get to the UK because "my Govmment insistes that I hav enugh money to support myself while I am wit U" (direct quote from 'her' e-mail)

When I pointed out that despite her Thai origins 'she' was apparently flying from West Africa he said she'd explained her parents were exiles from Thailand and the fact the passport image and flight booking she had sent him were patently bogus and photo shopped was actually down to the poor Internet connection from Benin where 'she' was allegedly living!

What's the issue here? That she might not be a "bird"

13 hours ago, duncan-uk said:

What's the issue here? That she might not be a "bird" emoji51.pngemoji23.png

Well, he was somewhat taken aback when I assured him his piece of potential Thai poontang was probably 6'4", weighed 240 lbs had a beard and answered to the name of James! :P 

1 hour ago, duncan-uk said:

I was thinking more the bit in train spotting when begbie finds his conquest is packing "extras" emoji38.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:lol:

^^^ :lol:

its an awesome film! 

"Keep a lead on her Turkish, before she gets bitten!" 

:lol: 

I've just finished watching this an an excellent spin on the film for a series...

1301c5466a42c2484945cf03334279db.jpeg

It's on Kodi if you want it.