Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
graham68

E39 v8 m5 fuel issues

4 posts in this topic

Hi doing a little project for work got an e30 with a e39 v8 lump m5 from a 2002 car need to get the fuel from new tank in back through 1 poss 2 fuel pumps but the existing fuel rails only have 1 feed in and vacuum from engine somewhere any ideas for bespoke fuel rail or a 3way regulator

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What is your question exactly please ? 

Vacuum source for fuel pressure regulation is from the bank 2 row of throttle bodies.

Customer has a bmw e30 chassis and they have a e39 m5 engine 5ltr they want to put race fuel tank in back and then have two fuel pumps feeding engine but got no return from the rails for any excess fuel was wondering how it can be done think we have got around it for them now cant wait to see the car after will try to get pics for all to see

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep looking forward to photos for sure !

I believe the fuel return is by the fuel pressure regulator.  Any excess fuel is returned at this point back to the tank, rather than making it any closer to the fuel injector rail.

See #5 on here : 

http://www.realoem.com/bmw/enUS/showparts?id=DE92-EUR-09-1999-E39-BMW-M5&diagId=16_0436

See the base of the fuel pressure regulator housing #3 on here.  Its where #5 from above diagram connects to :

http://www.realoem.com/bmw/enUS/showparts?id=DE92-EUR-09-1999-E39-BMW-M5&diagId=13_0819