Jedi

Time to say good bye

Hi guys.

I haven't been much of a poster on here, but do read posts and gather information from time to time. Any information I received has been brilliant and I have enjoyed modding my F10, lowering it on H&R lowering springs, upgrading the alloys and respraying them in anthracite, de-badging and vinyl wrapping the roof and wing mirrors in satin black, and replacing the grill with a matte black one. The car looks the way I like, but it's now time to trade it in and get something new.

I'm now the owner of an F30 330d m sport and have already bought a load of aftermarket parts to go onto the car. 

Thanks for all all the help, support and advice guys! :-)

Ok guys I've got some pics of my new f30. It's pretty much stock apart from the front grill which I got bmw to replace with a black gloss one and side decals with the m performance sticker along the skirts.  I've got a load of aftermarket parts to go on - front splitter, rear diffuser and boot spoiler. Respraying the wheels black and then going to lower with Eibach or ACS springs.  Hope I don't miss the space of the 5. 

My white f10 on the left and f30 on the right

IMG_9403.JPG

IMG_9405.JPG

IMG_9406.JPG

IMG_9410.JPG

IMG_9413.JPG

I personally never liked the bright bling of silver wheels, but that's just me. I resprayed the wheels of my f10 in anthracite which worked well against the white colour of the car. I'm going for the stealth look - black and grey. Will post some pics when done. 

It's more fun dare I say it. The 5 is more of a cruiser and very comfortable and smooth. The 3 is still comfortable and you sit very low in it, and the cockpit wraps more towards the driver so feels more driver focussed. I prefer the seats in the 3 as they aren't as wide as I'm quite small fits me better and holds/supports you more. Plus it's way more quicker but that's because I have a 330d whereas as my was a 520d. The 5 feels more grown up and has a nice dash display in comparison to the 3. I'm happy I made the switch but it's only been a few days. 

I wouldn't touch the wheels, the colour off-set sets the car off. I had an F30 on Friday as a courtesy car as I've been considering changing. However, I found the cockpit alot smaller than the F10 and couldn't get comfy. Be interesting to hear how you get on with it. 

Has it got the pro-nav?

Sanjx yep it has the Pro Nav. That was one of my must have options. 

Mne666 I agree that the wheels may become lost in the arches, and everyone has their own likes so all good bud. I've had the rear diffuser replaced and added a boot spoiler and front splitter now. All I need are the side blades to complete the m performance kit. Have to leave the tape on till tomorrow apparently. Few more pics 

IMG_2883.JPG

IMG_2891.JPG

IMG_2894.JPG

IMG_2895.JPG

IMG_2898.JPG

IMG_2899.JPG

On 07/04/2017 at 11:07 PM, Jedi said:

It's more fun dare I say it. The 5 is more of a cruiser and very comfortable and smooth. The 3 is still comfortable and you sit very low in it, and the cockpit wraps more towards the driver so feels more driver focussed. I prefer the seats in the 3 as they aren't as wide as I'm quite small fits me better and holds/supports you more. Plus it's way more quicker but that's because I have a 330d whereas as my was a 520d. The 5 feels more grown up and has a nice dash display in comparison to the 3. I'm happy I made the switch but it's only been a few days. 

I'd pretty much concur with all of that having done the same in reverse, i went from a 335i to a 520d, and both very different animals, both lovely cars with very different characterstics. The 520d is definite so much smoother/refined feeling and soaks the road up, and the power on the 335i was just amazing and it felt lower/firmer for sure.  Maybe I need an M550i or M5 to get the best of both worlds ha!

that looks nice! Really like the colour/spec combo. Other half has an F30 320d Sport. You do sit nice and low in them. Steering is a bit too light for a BMW though and the sport wheel is too thin. Hers is a 12 plate so the newer design steering wheels in the later f30's look more chunky.

Thanks GStarrr. The steering wheel in my f30 is the same one in my old f10. The f30 is 2015 and an m sport one

Edited by Jedi

Right chaps, cars looking a little more they I want it to. Here are some latest pics. Wheels have gone black now and think it looks much more stealth this way

IMG_2916.JPG

IMG_2917.JPG

IMG_2919.JPG

IMG_2920.JPG