Ordnator

E28's & other 5 series on the hill at Fort Nelson - Saturday 27 May 2017

On ‎15‎/‎05‎/‎2017 at 11:41 PM, Ordnator said:

Snows have withdrawn the G30 from the meeting :rolleyes:

Regards,

Mick

Oh no perhaps we should abandon the whole event, gonna lose loads of sleep about some sole less 5 series not being there :unsure: 

Edited by JAM172
Thought this was a little harsh, but actually, no

I recently acquired some cookie biscuit cutters from across the pond:

large.IMG_1284.JPG.00b42e38d829b1290e1819dc68375bc4.JPG

Keep your eyes open for some E28 biscuits at the Fort on Saturday (cookery skill dependant) :lol:

Regards,

Mick

Hi Mick,

My engine is being 'fixed' on Thu/Fri so fingers crossed I'll make it in the B10, otherwise I'll try and pop along for a look in something I can dump in the car park outside.

Looking at the list you're gonna have a lot more E28s than last year :) 

Barry.  

Hey Barry,

Hope the B10 is fixed in time as it would be good to see it again.  Fingers crossed too.

Hoping that everybody is able to make it down on the day safely.  Be great to have a good group of E28's lined up inside the Fort B)

The forecast is looking good for the day with a nice dry spell in the run up to the weekend.

Regards,

Mick

Mick

Could I just double check something here...

"Owing to access constraints there is a limited time in which to enter the fort between 10:00 and 11:00.  People arriving before 10:00  should muster in the car park to the east of the fort and visitors centre before being guided into the fort.  People arriving after 11:00 should park in the car park to the east of the fort and visitors centre and make their way into the fort via the visitors centre."

Apologies if it's bleedin' obvious to others, but I'm reading the above to mean that no admittance is being allowed for forum vehicles between 10:00 and 11:00. That being the case, we'll make sure that we arrive before 10:00, as I will need to meet the first exit window at 13:30, as indicated below. 

"There are a series of live firing demonstrations during the afternoon at 11:30, 13:00, 14:00 and 15:00, so we have a series of exit times that will not conflict with these.  Exit times will be a 15 minute window centred around the following times 13:30, 14:30 and clear the parade ground at 15:30."

Cheers

Keith

Can I add an extra E28 to the list please Mick:

1.     Ordnator - E28 525e - Diamantschwartz Metallic with Bridge of Weir burnt Orange leather comfort interior.

2.     Mrs Ordnator - E28 525e - Zobelbraun Metallic with pearlbeige leather comfort interior.

3.     Hippy - E39 Touring

4.     Sharkfan - E24/E34/E38 something

5.     jam172 either e28 528i or e12 M535i If it's raining the e12 starts fizzing :rolleyes:

6.     Loadmaster E39

7.     trenchy24 - E28 528i (jam 172)

8.     donjuan - E28 M5

9.     Guy - E28 525e (informally known as Duncan) (the Eta not Guy)

10.   Splondike - E28 M535i  - Agate green with pearlbeige leather sports interior

11.   garym535i - E28 M535i - Arctisblau Metallic with pacific cloth sport interior

12.   Captain Beaky - The Little Donkey 525e - Silver with a bit of this and a little of that.

13.   Mrs Beaky - An E39 possibly something else

14.   Jut 535i - E28 M535i

15.   weber magic - E28 (TBD)

16.   abs_83 - E28 518i Alpineweise

17.   BarryM - Alpina B10 V8

18.   Inluvwithmy1602 - E28 525e - Zinnobar Red with black houndstooth cloth comfort interior

19.   E28Ben - E28 528i

20.   Panda - E28 520i Lux (M20B25 EFI)

21.   Arif - E28 M535i

22.   DiggedyE28 - E28 525e - Dolphin Grey

23.  Style5 - E28 M5.18 with dodgy racing stripes and troublesome interior lighting :blink:

3 hours ago, Splondike said:

Can I add an extra E28 to the list please Mick:

23.  Style5 - E28 M5.18 with dodgy racing stripes and troublesome interior lighting :blink:

Added :D

Keep rounding them up Mark, plenty of room for more E28's, and others.

Regards,

Mick

11 hours ago, Loadmaster said:

Mick

Could I just double check something here...

"Owing to access constraints there is a limited time in which to enter the fort between 10:00 and 11:00.  People arriving before 10:00  should muster in the car park to the east of the fort and visitors centre before being guided into the fort.  People arriving after 11:00 should park in the car park to the east of the fort and visitors centre and make their way into the fort via the visitors centre."

Apologies if it's bleedin' obvious to others, but I'm reading the above to mean that no admittance is being allowed for forum vehicles between 10:00 and 11:00. That being the case, we'll make sure that we arrive before 10:00, as I will need to meet the first exit window at 13:30, as indicated below. 

"There are a series of live firing demonstrations during the afternoon at 11:30, 13:00, 14:00 and 15:00, so we have a series of exit times that will not conflict with these.  Exit times will be a 15 minute window centred around the following times 13:30, 14:30 and clear the parade ground at 15:30."

Cheers

Keith

Hey Keith,

Good point well made.  Please find below the same information hopefully in a clearer format:

Arrival:

Before 10:00 - muster in the visitors centre car park to the east of the fort.

10:00 - 11:00 - Entry into the fort.

After 11:00 - park up in the visitors centre car park to the east of the fort and make your way into the fort on foot via the visitors centre.

Departure:

11:30 - Armstrong Gun Firing demonstration, NO EXIT.

13:00 - 25 Pounder Gun Firing demonstration, NO EXIT.

13:20 - 13:40 - 1st EXIT Window.

14:00 - Armstrong Gun Firing Demonstration, NO EXIT.

14:20 - 14:40 - 2nd EXIT Window.

15:00 - Armstrong Gun Firing Demonstration, NO EXIT.

15:30 - Remaining Cars EXIT the parade ground.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Mick

Just checked the forecast for tomorrow and there is a fresh water wash down scheduled between 05:00 & 07:00 for the Portsmouth / Fort Nelson region.  After this the cloud should clear by mid morning after which it is supposed to be bright, sunny and hot for the rest of the day B)

May be a few thunder storms / showers further north clearing by mid morning.  Much wetter further North.

It is with regret that I have to announce that my Zobelbraun Eta will now not be making an appearance at the fort as it has been delayed at the body shop / trimmers by 7 days.  This is how I am able to give out a weather forecast for tomorrow rather than driving up to Guildford to collect it today :rolleyes:

Have a safe journey down to the fort tomorrow.  I intend to be onsite at the visitors centre car park from 09:00 for those arriving before the 10:00 fort entry time.

Regards,

Mick

47 minutes ago, Captain Beaky said:

We are on our way E28 on tour

image.jpg

Proper family outing by the looks of it!

Are you all coming up just for the meet?!

Yes and yes the clan are in town!!

ive even sacrificed a trip to Dublin for the final of the Rugby Pro twelve, there's a mass exodus from Llanelli and I am going in the opposite direction :-(

But we are here now all parked up, I just need to find a pub with BBC 2 Wales !!

IMG_0775.JPG

Hi,  got the E28 in the garage today as it needed the fuel hose doing (it's perished and leaking) and also really needs a throttle cable and new hoses - just had a call to say no parts had arrived and they were now on back order due to arrive Tuesday :(

Regrettably, this means I'll have to come in the E39 (a bit of a run of the mill 525i SE in silver).

Gutted.....

13 minutes ago, Splondike said:

Weather forecast looks a bit better now than it did earlier too :)

A bit of the wet stuff will help keep the dust down. Going to look for zee car wash in a bit

Absolutely not, the more the merrier. Just make sure your at Fort Nelson before 10am as they are quite strict on letting people in and out because of the various gun firings.

Looking forward to meeting you tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk