nashdm2

535i Availability

51 posts in this topic

Guys, I am sure many have mentioned the lack of availability of the 535i variant on the BMW AUC website.

Just flashed in there and there and loads on there at the moment, a glut of brand new ones for sale, probably dealers buying them in for stupid money before the G30 launched.  

I've only seen one other on the road since I bought mine. Making a grand total of 4 that I have ever seen!

As common as rocking horse poo.

I opened mine up to full chat for a rare occasion yesterday and what a noise it made. Lovely.:wub:

7 hours ago, nashdm2 said:

Guys, I am sure many have mentioned the lack of availability of the 535i variant on the BMW AUC website.

Just flashed in there and there and loads on there at the moment, a glut of brand new ones for sale, probably dealers buying them in for stupid money before the G30 launched.  

Still no petrol 535 GT's

^I'm guessing that due to the rarity of GTs, they are all made to order. 

Yeah your average Yorkshireman will be too tight to fund its drinking habits!:P

I just emailed a colleague who is currently suffering from Alfaitis, an AUC link to a 535i in his local dealer in Perth.

3 hours ago, Caesar said:

I haven't seen any yet. Yorkshire mustn't be a natural habitat for a 535

I'm on my second 535 F11 and my third 3 straight six F11 love the sound and power and your right I haven't seen another petrol F10 or F11 535 in these here parts.

3 hours ago, 535iAR said:

Yeah your average Yorkshireman will be too tight to fund its drinking habits!:P

Yes they are! Even the most enlightened are happy to send us off to an early grave through belching out diesel fumes, if it means they can spend a few quid less on fuel. Unlike the Scots who are, of course, famed for their generosity.

31 minutes ago, Caesar said:

Unlike the Scots who are, of course, famed for their generosity.

I'm just warming the planet up a bit!  VPower is there for burning in cylinders!

2 hours ago, 535iAR said:

I'm just warming the planet up a bit!  VPower is there for burning in cylinders!

That famous Scot, Donald Trump claims we're not warming up the planet, so no need to worry....and if he's mistaken, then surely our emissions are cancelled out by all those Toyota Pius drivers?

5 minutes ago, Caesar said:

all those Toyota Pius drivers?

But they are famously bad for emissions!  A really crap engine which is bad for the environment makes it less bad for the environment when the leccy gets switched on.  Not to mention all the pollution during the making of it all.

17 minutes ago, 535iAR said:

But they are famously bad for emissions!  A really crap engine which is bad for the environment makes it less bad for the environment when the leccy gets switched on.  Not to mention all the pollution during the making of it all.

You nearly had me there....next you'll be telling me Adblu is really pig wee, and Golf Tdi's can't do 99mpg!

I have a 535i and I love it, the engine is so smooth and refined. Coming froma 535d the torque isn't as harsh but the power band longer, if you select sport on the grearbox it screams!

Caesar and 535iAR like this

I've only opened up mine once or twice and yes it does make a nice sound.  After driving V8s for best part of 9 years I forgot how sweet a 6 pot is at full chat.

I recently accidentally downshifted to 2nd and hit 5500 rpms and for the few seconds it was screaming a nice ture.

Caesar likes this

The only problem is the sound gets more addictive the higher you rev....

...and the higher you rev, the faster your speed.

It would be great if you could get your aural fix at at lower speeds (without holding it in low gear and writhing the nuts off it).

535iAR likes this

I know what you mean.  I had a 3 litre petrol N53 E61 two cars ago and that made a great noise, especially with the sports auto. But I don't actually think my F07 sounds diesel like, quite a good powerful sound when you wind it up, but I usually run out of road!

1 hour ago, 535iAR said:

I've only opened up mine once or twice and yes it does make a nice sound.  After driving V8s for best part of 9 years I forgot how sweet a 6 pot is at full chat.

I recently accidentally downshifted to 2nd and hit 5500 rpms and for the few seconds it was screaming a nice ture.

Dear god man stretch its legs out a bit more than that.. she CAN take it cap'n

My n53 regularly sees 6000+ rpm and not a bother it keeps on pulling. Love the sound. I do so few miles these days mine is practically a weekend car which is maybe a bit of a boring weekend car and whilst i have a itchy e39 m5 itch t I do enjoy the f10. Especially now I have l learnt that it IS chuckable and compliant and I probably drive it like my old E46.

Bless.

^I've not actually been driving it much recently, or rather on anything other than short trips where the opportunities to clean out the cylinders is limited.

But last weekend I was pleased to see how well it cornered on a fast bend I took, better than the E60 and I've still got my wobbly stilt like 17" winters on.

you need a new 530e doing that mileage. 

They do corner well. Surprising considering the puny ARB at the rear. I find it quite chuckable now I've got past the "oh god this is the most expensive car I've bought". 

1 hour ago, bmwmike said:

I find it quite chuckable now I've got past the "oh god this is the most expensive car I've bought". 

I remember getting to that stage with my first E60, then I suddenly didn't have it anymore.

I looked at uprating the front anti roll bar bushes on the F10 but they aren't available as a separate part, only included with the roll bar itself!

Had my new F11 for just over 6 months now and over the weekend it just ticked over the 1500 mile mark so gave it a blast in sports mode and have to admit for a large lady she can definitely shift. 

Edited by Steveo1

These cars certainly do handle well considering their sheer size, and 500Nm+ of torque to push you out of corners always feels great.

On 04/04/2017 at 8:31 PM, 535iAR said:

Why buy a powerful engine if your not going to open it up regulary?