tej

HID replacement bulbs

One of my bulbs has gone pink.. so i guess its on the way out.. Am I right in thinking they are "D1S" fitment? 

There are some super cheap ones on ebay ranging from £12-30 for a pair.. compared to £60-90 for a single bulb from a decent brand/website...

False economy or worth a punt? 

One of mine went a few months ago so I replaced both with a pair of Philips X-treme something or others from powerbulbs.com. They were about £75 each (normally £150 each) and the light they produce is superb. I think they rate them as 30% brighter and 50% better range. Driving down country lanes with the main beam on and you'd think it was daytime.

It's the old adage of "buy cheap, buy twice" in my experience.

Edit : I'm pretty sure they were D1S. I can check later if you like.

4 minutes ago, tej said:

Thanks for the info guys :D 

Replacement looks like a headlight out jobby? 

Yes, unless you have Donald Trump sized hands :D

Yes, unless you have Donald Trump sized hands 

Donald Trump sized hands won't help you as you need to open a flap on the back of the headlight unit. I did mine a couple of months ago and it was about 15 minutes each side.

There's a YouTube video walk through that I used - don't have the link to hand - but it was pretty easy. Undo and remove two bolts, loosen two more bolts and the unit slides forwards and out. Remove the plug for the wiring loom and you can work on it away from the car. Reverse the process to fit.

The offside one was a bit more fiddly so I also removed the trim around the bonnet catches.

On 24/03/2017 at 7:22 PM, Dotcom1970 said:

The Osram Xenarc Nightbreakers are also excellent

+1 for these, just fitted to mine 2 weeks ago, much improved from the 2005 fitted osram xenarc that were removed

D1S fitted to car, and yes happydays eurocarparts also listed D2S as being fitted to my car = wrong