Joss

What the hell is going on in westminster??

104 posts in this topic

Ha ha! 

So you know what I'm getting at? 

Unfortunately this thing will never go away! I just think the less attention it gets the "less" damage (in collective terms) it causes! 

Lets hope the families of the victims can move on from this and I'm sure all our thoughts are with them....

d_a_n1979 likes this

Difficult in this day and age of social media and how easy it is to get exposure. 

I agree with you, but requires education on what should be classed right and wrong. 

RIP to the innocent people who died :(

14 minutes ago, Yokozuna said:

Ha ha! 

So you know what I'm getting at? 

Unfortunately this thing will never go away! I just think the less attention it gets the "less" damage (in collective terms) it causes! 

Lets hope the families of the victims can move on from this and I'm sure all our thoughts are with them....

Ive said for a while, that the sooner we stop reporting the shite that goes on in the Middle East, the sooner things will calm down (hopefully)

But it's the radicalised shitty nonsense that needs to be stomped on the hardest, but how do you manage that?!

So much is controlled via social media, you'll always be losing the battle!

Edited by d_a_n1979

yep completely agree re the social media age we now live in and I think if it was to be hushed then we would be like North Korea!

One of the things that's pissing me off about what's happened in Westminster is the Facebook "mark yourself as safe" bollox that's appeared.

I live in the outskirts of London and work in Central London (about 2 miles from Westminster) but it didn't affect me directly, and so I have no need to declare to the entire world that "I'm safe". However, there's people who live and work in Guildford, Hemel Hempstead, bloody Birmingham and other places who feel the need to "mark themselves safe" - to me that's just showing disrespect to the poor poor people who weren't actually safe :(

d_a_n1979 and Karl like this

Top cop on the tv just now, saying we must recognise that Muslim communities will feel anxious at this time.

Jesus - really? This is what we should be concerned about? He's warning about consequences of hate crimes against Muslims. This is actually how our ever increasingly politically correct officials now think. No wonder we are soft targets.

Get out there and protect us asshole.

d_a_n1979, Carl-e34, Karl and 1 other like this

( Top cop on the tv just now, saying we must recognise that Muslim communities will feel anxious at this time )

What a TIT try Saying that to the injured people's family. 

I’m glad that I do my best to write my opinions with passion and most of the time with empathy.  At times I do fail to write with empathy, and don’t mean to but sometimes I do offend others.

I also watched Mark Rowley, and he then added: "given the passed behaviour of extreme right wing groups”.  Muslims had lots of abuse after 7/7.  Brexit made a lot of intolerances to appear whereby racism and hate crime increased.  I don’t like the way that hate crime is recorded but that is another debate  

Mark Rowley also said terrorist have a clear aim to create distrust, discord, and to create the fear.  Therefore have the terrorist won?  As some people are now in fear of the average Muslim, and whereby we should be in fear of terrorists, and in this case Islamic Extremist or Radical Islamic Groups who are intolerant of our democracy.   I can’t remember back in 80’s with the IRA - living in fear of someone from Northern Ireland or their accent.

I think what he's saying is don"t let one dick head sour a whole barrel.

What we don't need at this or anytime is knee jerk vigilante action against an innocent and peaceful group of people because one chump claims he's doing crap in their name.

This would serve no purpose and lead to further division.

It doesn't undermine the victims families loss to whom our sympathies are with.

We, as brits, must stand against terror regardless of race, creed and colour rather than fight amongst ourselves.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5 hours ago, nealpina said:

The guy was in shock therefore some was not clear. He was on the bus where the woman was crushed by the car on the bridge. He then heard a Father saying: I've lost my daughter - I've her passport etc. The eye witness said to the Father, I think she went into the river. 

He then said: she was the one who was rescued and alive by the river police. 

Not sure how accurate my written words are  this is the best to what I could write

He made a later statment.

It was a guy's girlfriend who was thrown into the Thames.  The boyfriend said: "I lost my girlfriend, my girl..."  

When I first heard the first interview, I must have assumed when the boyfriend said I lost my girl, I thought he meant girl as in daughter and not as in  girlfriend. However according to the BBC news she is critical condition. 

Edited by nealpina

The biggest fear for me is that there IS going to be some backlash against the Muslim community, as some people will tar them all with the same brush.

The problem is that we only ever hear bad news, bad news about Muslims and bad news about everything related. We don't hear about how sick they are of this as we are, more do as it reflects directly on them!

This country is getting less tolerant to the ways that we don't agree with such as Sharia and the burkas/veils/head dresses etc... But what do you/we do to avoid further conflict?!

1 hour ago, d_a_n1979 said:

The biggest fear for me is that there IS going to be some backlash against the Muslim community, as some people will tar them all with the same brush.

The problem is that we only ever hear bad news, bad news about Muslims and bad news about everything related. We don't hear about how sick they are of this as we are, more do as it reflects directly on them!

This country is getting less tolerant to the ways that we don't agree with such as Sharia and the burkas/veils/head dresses etc... But what do you/we do to avoid further conflict?!

There is a real danger of some "nut of the other extreme" planning vengeance as it appears to be planned provocation each time, then followed by a silence from the related community, no press of tv statements - just ignored or claimed he had a history of mental illness.

PC correctness in this country is now absolute madness.

d_a_n1979 likes this

From my point of view it's not an isolated insident, a lot of stuff also doesn't get press, like the brothel that got raided as it was run by extremists associated with Isis iirc, and just down the road from where the Birmingham flat was raided, also the schools that where on the news in Birmingham for teaching extremist views and hatred iirc, the amount of times Isis-extremists and Birmingham get used in the same sentence, doesn't make this An isolated incident that's soured the rest of the community.

yes everyone isn't a terrorist but for the average person that's not good enough, once your dead you don't get a second chance so people with every right are extremely careful.

2 hours ago, d_a_n1979 said:

Well, let me relate to you a positive tale of the Muslim community, from a few years ago.

At that time, my wife was suffering from kidney failure brought about by septicaemia from an infected pressure sore and, after a spell in intensive care, was now on the wards. Normally a very private person, she did engage in conversation with families: there's not much else to do in hospital after all. An elderly Muslim woman was in the bed opposite her, and the family members got into conversation with my wife.

To cut a long story short, having asked if it was okay with her first - the family would pray for my wife at her bedside, and I understand prayers were also said for her at the local mosque.

Although my wife's religious convictions were a little flimsy, she took great comfort from all this kindness. Apart from visits by the hospital chaplain, I didn't see much of that kindness towards a stranger from anyone else.

25 minutes ago, burnzybubbles said:

From my point of view it's not an isolated insident, a lot of stuff also doesn't get press, like the brothel that got raided as it was run by extremists associated with Isis iirc, and just down the road from where the Birmingham flat was raided, also the schools that where on the news in Birmingham for teaching extremist views and hatred iirc, the amount of times Isis-extremists and Birmingham get used in the same sentence, doesn't make this An isolated incident that's soured the rest of the community.

yes everyone isn't a terrorist but for the average person that's not good enough, once your dead you don't get a second chance so people with every right are extremely careful.

I think the main reason that the things you have highlighted don't get a mention in the press is to try and keep a lid on the racist lunatics that will take matters in their own hands at any excuse! 

I bet there's a lot worse going on that hasn't been reported....

Teresa May just said that the attacker is home grown and his affiliations are not yet clear. So we can't go blaming this on immigrants. Somebody at MI5 may be due for a rocket as it seems that while he was regarded as a peripheral figure, he was indeed on their books. But they can't watch every potential extremist 24/7. The solution would seem to be to stop the poison which is being spread and give our intelligence services whatever tools they need.     

Edited by whiskychaser
vanhool likes this

1 minute ago, whiskychaser said:

Teresa May just said that the attacker is home grown and his affiliations are not yet clear. So we can't go blaming this on immigrants.   

But sadly, you can bet there'll be some that will...

News on R4 around 12.30 said IS have claimed they were behind the attack.

Sent from my Vodafone Smart ultra 6 using Tapatalk

14 minutes ago, pidgeonpost said:

News on R4 around 12.30 said IS have claimed they were behind the attack.

That is only to be expected. Whether it is true or not is quite another thing

pidgeonpost likes this

Sad day for those who have been affected. Sadly, this attack style was pretty basic therefore it was hard to prevent compared to other attacks that need more planning and communication.

As for blaming immigrants and Muslims, that is just pointless. If you think of how many are in this country and how many actually harm people, it will be a tiny percentage. Blaming immigrants is just a different story as some of these attacks that have happened are by homegrown people. 

Seen a pic circulating on Facebook of a, what I presume to be a Muslim female walking past an injured man on the floor while holding her phone in one hand, and the other hand on her face. I've seen awful comments aimed at her. When I look closely, her face clearly looks distressed about the situation, and perhaps she is phoning the emergency services/a loved one, or texting a loved one. To add to this, there were already 4-5 people surrounding the injured man, 1/2 of which were just staring at the man and didn't know what to do. 

Was this attack to be expected? Sadly yes. This is England (UK) and it's a tourist hotspot in London. Similar style attack to that in Nice, France, and in Berlin, Germany both involving a truck. Thankfully that wasn't the case here. This also happened one year after the Belgium airport attack too. These little shits are getting cocky. 

Should be accept it? Definitely not. It's not right nor is it normal.

Edited by DerekJr.

That is only to be expected. Whether it is true or not is quite another thing

Agreed. They have nothing to lose by claiming 'credit' for it.

I wonder how many of the so-called 'lone wolves' really do act alone or exist in isolation? Presumably their families or friends either suspect nothing or say nothing. There will always be 'sleepers' who are recruited and trained to live below the radar for many years if necessary before being activated. These individuals can be very hard for security services to detect.

Some of the attacks in recent years seem to have been carried out by younger people, some of which have been known to the police or security services, but only on the periphery of their vision.

The perpetrator has been named as a 52 year old man.

http://news.met.police.uk/news/update-westminster-attack-man-believed-responsible-named-230160

Meanwhile, people have been mocking Fox News for their usual stance.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/article/39365449/people-mock-fox-news-claim-that-terror-attack-shut-down-city

Edited by e60neindanke