Azmontana

BMW E34 M5 S38B36 Restoration

106 posts in this topic

Perhaps a dead Mirror control switch? Mine have stopped working since i stripped my doors apart and rebuilt them,  i have a strong feeling its the switch since it fell apart into a million pieces when i took it off the car :angry:

Mines got the memory seats/mirrors + heated seats and the switch is different to normal and NLA from BMW and i cant track down a 2nd hand replacement as yet :(

Edited by RingsideE34

Have you checked the mirror themselves? The electric mirrors on a 540 I once owned didn't work. On removing the door cards I found the plugs had been cut off by a previous owner!

Have you checked the mirror themselves? The electric mirrors on a 540 I once owned didn't work. On removing the door cards I found the plugs had been cut off by a previous owner!

The mirrors did work at one point but not working now. The wiring on this car had been butchered by previous owners. I'm thinking now when I've gone through repairing all the mess I might have missed something. Will go through my work and double check everything.

Its my M5 Elekta Touring. Hazel Nut extended leather, Black leather dash and Mexico Green carpets.

One of 10 in British Racing Green. Mine being the last one.

Just Google M5 Elekta. This one recently sold for $120,500 in the States http://bringatrailer.com/listing/1995-bmw-m5-2/

Some pictures of mine. Like you I'm doing a bit of restoration

5965199e05e5f_dash2.thumb.jpg.13a1b03e91f0cb1a8e573cbc93311102.jpg

dash5.thumb.jpg.84abfa2434fd80d8e82293e578abfdb4.jpg

596519e329991_dash3.thumb.jpg.cc50a2e3c475ad3d7ef39999f39e21f9.jpg

That is one nice project to have.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk