Azmontana

BMW E34 M5 S38B36 Restoration

Can someone tell me what's missing? The rear 12v socket inc housing doesn't seem to fit properly. I've tried it both ways up too as shown in the pics

Someone send me a detailed pic of their rear console?

150bbf97a811e679992f2ddb2bdf1455.jpg

27092f362f39d925fe4a1c4c8056d744.jpg

23b40e8540c69b14d75f5f6c89f1d741.jpg

Judging by the pictures, you have the rare rear bucket seat  ( those use a different cigar lighter trim to the normal trim)

Please elaborate? I've seen m5s with only two seats at the back is this what you are referring too? Mine does have 3 seats at the back.

top pic it just clips in, might feel snug but they go 

The pics shown does show it clipped in but it's not a good fit. Clips are fine. There seems to be a gap depending how you fit it which makes me think it's not the right part?

1 hour ago, Azmontana said:

The pics shown does show it clipped in but it's not a good fit. Clips are fine. There seems to be a gap depending how you fit it which makes me think it's not the right part?

The cigar lighter trim your trying to fit is for the rare bucket seats ... The bottom of the trim is straight ... While the standard trim mirrors the propshaft tunnel.

If you have the normal centre consol ... The trim you have will not fit right.  

Edit ... It's worth about £50 to £70 on the European market :)

Edited by Carl-e34

The cigar lighter trim your trying to fit is for the rare bucket seats ... The bottom of the trim is straight ... While the standard trim mirrors the propshaft tunnel.

If you have the normal centre consol ... The trim you have will not fit right.  

Edit ... It's worth about £50 to £70 on the European market 

Good to know thanks but not sure how that's happened. Anyone got the normal trim then looks like it's not available anymore although it is available for standard e34s anyone know if that would fit?

5 hours ago, Azmontana said:

Good to know thanks but not sure how that's happened. Anyone got the normal trim then looks like it's not available anymore although it is available for standard e34s anyone know if that would fit?

I might be wrong ...

But the one still available is the same standard trim part except, no holes for the switches ... The one with the switch holes are N/A.

So this will fit your e34 (unless you need the switch holes) 

Edited by Carl-e34

I might be wrong ...

But the one still available is the same standard trim part except, no holes for the switches ... The one with the switch holes are N/A.

So this will fit your e34 (unless you need the switch holes) 

Thanks I wish I had rear heated seats that must be pretty rare.

Its my M5 Elekta Touring. Hazel Nut extended leather, Black leather dash and Mexico Green carpets.

One of 10 in British Racing Green. Mine being the last one.

Just Google M5 Elekta. This one recently sold for $120,500 in the States http://bringatrailer.com/listing/1995-bmw-m5-2/

Some pictures of mine. Like you I'm doing a bit of restoration

dash 2.jpg

dash5.jpg

dash 3.jpg

Edited by greenelekta

Its my M5 Elekta Touring. Hazel Nut extended leather, Black leather dash and Mexico Green carpets.

One of 10 in British Racing Green. Mine being the last one.

Just Google M5 Elekta. This one recently sold for $120,500 in the States http://bringatrailer.com/listing/1995-bmw-m5-2/

Some pictures of mine. Like you I'm doing a bit of restoration

5965199e05e5f_dash2.thumb.jpg.13a1b03e91f0cb1a8e573cbc93311102.jpg

dash5.thumb.jpg.84abfa2434fd80d8e82293e578abfdb4.jpg

596519e329991_dash3.thumb.jpg.cc50a2e3c475ad3d7ef39999f39e21f9.jpg

That interior combo is absolutely stunning man. I love the leather interior and stitched consoles. Good luck with your resto would be great to see pics of it once it's done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

a365c1767a3875a457cf8a6e18b8b421.jpg

Today was a good day. One I will remember for some time. I've owned this car for over 4 years and today was the first time I drove it.

What can I say. After 6 months in my garage fettling away she was ready for a test drive and boy did she not disappoint. She drove like a dream and pulled really hard in all gears. The noise is something else similar to my m3 but still different. Not sure what exhaust is on it will have to check but it does sound sublime.

The car is still far away from being finished but atleast now I can drive her. One thing the test drive revealed was a high idle something I'll need to investigate further.

I'm literally over the moon today a car I dreamed of when I was younger I now own. Still get a kick out of that

In my haste to drive the car I forgot to balance the throttle bodies. Seems to be idling around 1000 rpm now. Much better from the 1200rpm when hot. I have a feeling the lambda sensor might be faulty hence the higher idle when hot.

Also I noticed the power mirrors aren't working on both sides. Checked the fuse which is all fine. Checked the schematics and there doesn't seem to be a relay controlling this so could be a dodgy wire somewhere?

Is this a common fault on the e34? Anyone care to point me in the right direction?