Azmontana

BMW E34 M5 S38B36 Restoration

While most things were out of the way I decided to check the condition of the tensioner. It was leaking and looked pretty messy. I decided to replace this with the s50b32 tensioner.

I would advise everyone to check their tensioner. I was able to remove mine by hand

0d4b00a5213029067e268601b32b7724.jpg

85fb76f7e646078255b919203b6b0386.jpg

Now with the upgrade part.

So I've started to button everything back up. Can someone help me identify what does on the connector with the question mark? I have got all parts back in but I really can't remember what went into this connector someone put me out of my misery.

I know first one is spark signal. Second one down for the the crank signal. What is the third one?

8649877beeb12ebd54c2a2f70695d981.png

4 hours ago, Azmontana said:

So I've started to button everything back up. Can someone help me identify what does on the connector with the question mark? I have got all parts back in but I really can't remember what went into this connector someone put me out of my misery.

I know first one is spark signal. Second one down for the the crank signal. What is the third one?

4 hours ago, Azmontana said:

8649877beeb12ebd54c2a2f70695d981.png

3rd plug is for the air pump / emissions pump .

It takes a humble man to ask for help , a humble man indeed .

D

3rd plug is for the air pump / emissions pump .

It takes a humble man to ask for help , a humble man indeed .

D

Thanks David. I was racking my brains out thinking I'd missed something.

Emissions pump has been removed before my time hence why I don't remember disconnecting this lead lol.

Ok so I've got the -35c displaying on the OCB which obviously isn't right. From a quick Google the outside air temp sensor is located on the left hand side near the fog light.

After a good route around I couldn't find it or the cabling. I removed the brake duct which seems to have a cutout for the sensor to mount to. Still nothing.

Tracing back the wires still no missing cables for the sensor. Having had a look on the right side the brake duct is missing and there's a loose wire which is fed from the fog light harness. Looks like this could be the outside temp sensor wiring.

My question is this correct. Did RHD cars come with this wiring on the right and not on the left?

On my LHD M5 Touring the sensor is located in the bumper on the right side (as you sit in the car) cant see why it would be different for your RHD car. Look for a Yellow connector

As I said I have looked even traced back the wires and nothing on the left side.

Yet the right side has a spur wire from the fog light cable with a missing connecter.

It's all a bit strange.

1 hour ago, greenelekta said:

Airbag wire.  Witch one  is that Carl?

It's on the drivers side, inside the chassis rail :) It's the sensor which look like a chrome coin. But i might be wrong :huh: