duncan-uk

Love the e39

8 posts in this topic

Spent the evening collecting some furniture I won on eBay and a trip to IKEA.

Mix of m25, twisty B road, urban traffic and north circular.

Did all with aplomb and swallowed everything I needed to shift.

Such a great all round car and loving the new shocks - nothing you can say stands out about them specifically but just drives better

That is all.

Exactly why I bought another...

The E46 touring would have been a lovely, practical car. But I knew it wouldn't be the same drive as an E39! 

Im without mine all week, it's making me sweat already :lol: 

What spec car are your running Duncan? My suspension feels too soft and wallowy, especially for a Sport Touring, so going to look into coilovers possibly of certainly stiffer shocks next time around.

48 minutes ago, Jim Bob said:

What spec car are your running Duncan? My suspension feels too soft and wallowy, especially for a Sport Touring, so going to look into coilovers possibly of certainly stiffer shocks next time around.

I am going for polybushing roll bars on mine as opposed to coil overs.

Jim Bob likes this

11 minutes ago, pits. said:

I am going for polybushing roll bars on mine as opposed to coil overs.

I've already polybushed my front ARB's. I'm on lowering springs upfront, but stock dampers all-round, and lowered 40mm front, 25mm rear.

I just replaced the dampers with bilstein b6/8 which are listed as suitable replacements for the sport suspension I believe.

I wasn't looking to deviate from stock just to freshen it up after 149k and liked the Billies on my e28.

I don't want it modified and thus make it harder/stiffer/lower as it's an all round car and the under bumper trim gets battered enough.

I did all the arms and bushes when I got it. It just feels nice and tight and as it rolled out the factory.

Just now, duncan-uk said:

I just replaced the dampers with bilstein b6/8 which are listed as suitable replacements for the sport suspension I believe. I wasn't looking to deviate from stock just to freshen it up after 149k and liked the

Billies on my e28.

I don't want it modified and thus make it harder/stiffer/lower as it's an all round car and the under bumper trim gets battered enough.

I did all the arms and bushes when I got it.

It just feels nice and tight and as it rolled out the factory.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Duncan. My "rare" splash guards and under-guards are also taking a battering on mine since it became my daily. Having lowered it,I should have stiffened it, but didn't as it wasn't going to be a 25k mpa daily initially. I may go the Bilstein route later on, or may go for coilovers from Sumil.