d1mkaz

front doors for E34 525iX (compatibility)

4 posts in this topic

I have a question may be someone can help.

I am thinking to replace both front doors instead of repairing rust as it is still possible to find decent ones for E34, I was browsing in-net in search of compatibility of E34's doors by year and by model, as far as I understood the doors from all models are the same there is a bit of difference between doors of E34's made before 91 and after 91. So I found a pair and asked about the year and model of the E34 they are off but when checking the RealOEM I found out that id nrs. of those differ from iX, example:

94 530i    DOOR FRONT RIGHT 41518138006 DOOR FRONT LEFT 41518138005

94 525iX  DOOR FRONT RIGHT 41518138004 DOOR FRONT LEFT 4151813800

It is only one last digit but now I am not sure if they actually the same, any ideas?

Thank you.

The difference between the doors you quote is that the top line is for US spec cars and the bottom line for Europe, nothing to do with iX.

Edited by Oneball
stevenc3828 likes this

From what I noticed there is a tubular side impact bar on later models and the barrels on the locks are slightly different..........Other than that I would say they are identical....... Good luck with your you search either way... ;)

Edited by boiliebasher

21 hours ago, Oneball said:

The difference between the doors you quote is that the top line is for US spec cars and the bottom line for Europe, nothing to do with iX.

Thank you! That was my fault when looking in realoem, I somehow managed to choose US spec car instead of Europe RHD.

Sorry for confusion, the id nrs are identical indeed.