Fezzy16v

F10 525d M Sport

7 posts in this topic

Looking to trade in my CLK for either an E350 CDI Sport Mercedes or a 525d M Sport beemer...

Still undecided as I like both cars.  I'm more into my Mercedes these days but their is something about the F10 Sport I really like.

Will be looking at an 11 reg circa £13k.

Are they pretty reliable on the whole?

Presume you mean the 3.0 diesel 525d?

There are hardly any on here as it was soon changed (emissions + mpg reasons) for the twin turbo two litre in late 2011.

Fantastic cars - more sporting than the equivalent year Merc E and a far better interior imho

50 minutes ago, Fezzy16v said:

I never knew they dropped the 6 pot in the 525d. Is the 530d a 6 pot?

Yes the 530d is a 6 pot and sounds far better than any 4 pot diesel ever will.

Buy the 525d 4 pot and every time you see a 530d (which will be lots of times), you will wish you had bought the 530d.

At that age of F10, make sure the air con works on whatever one you buy. And that the DPF and egr valve are in fully working order.

I can not comment on the f10 apart from I do fancy one, but I'm a current owner of a e350 sport and will say it's a great car the 7 speed box is flawless and the interior is a nice place to be with plenty of toys, it does have extra finishing touches I think that BMW never gave there models. Unfortunately I have had to put mine up for sale due to a house purchase it's on eBay as we speak, but I would not hesitate owning one again, and that's saying something seen as I am a BMW fan.