535i Andrew

Personalised reg numbers

Personalised reg numbers who has one?  

41 members have voted

1. 1. Personalised reg numbers who has one?

• Yes
    • No

I bought one for the B10 V8 Touring as it was a dvla cheapie, B10 VBE. I had my eye on a matching pair for the other two Alpinas but I haven't bothered getting them.

33 minutes ago, M88RCC said:

I have one, had it for years

M88RCC

Not currently on the car as I just bought it but I might put it on

Lol, guessed that from your user name.

When I lived in the UK I always felt that personalised number plates intended to refer to names were very chavvy and a lot were owned by total wankers but occasionally I encountered an amusing plate. My favourite was seen on a Range Rover standing outside the local manor house in Shropshire. The plate FAT 61T had been slightly amended to read FAT GIT.

Luckily here in Portugal we don't have personalised plates and my formerly UK registered car now bears the inoffensive registration 04-84-VM 

I once had a a Ford Prefect 

reg was 123 BLA

That was back in the days when they just died and went to the breakers as is.

I wonder what that would be worth sorry I meant valued at today. 

My two reg number also fully relate to our family's initials.

We have often teased our youngest son that his first name was chosen in order to fit the letters on the plates we already owned.

4 hours ago, stevecvo said:

I always felt that personalised number plates intended to refer to names were very chavvy and a lot were owned by total wankers

You see, that's where I am when I think about it to much.  I need convincing that @stevecvo is wrong.

Edited by 535iAR

I tell her its hers to make it ok..

In theory this is my weekend car,trusty tranny through the week!. Not the mrs the van!.

1 hour ago, Chu said:

,trusty tranny through the week!. Not the mrs the van!.

:lol: yeah whatever.....

On 17/03/2017 at 7:07 AM, pidgeonpost said:

"I think they're tolerable if they're not try hard or so contrived as to be laughable. "

That's my view. The better ones are ok-ish (e.g. I used to see M4 MUM around here), but some are pretty cringeworthy. There are loads of Land Rover vehicles around these days, mostly black, tinted windows, 'unique' plates...yawn.

You forgot the obligatory black alloys with stupidly low-profile tyres.

Don't like personal plates, for much the same reason as @steveco I have to say.

The only one that amused me was seen on a white 1-series about Christmas-tide; S4 NTA.

Edited by e60neindanke

I have considered a private plate in the past but the reason I've never bothered is that there are many other things that I would rather spend a few hundred quid on rather than having my initials or whatever else on my numberplate. Most private plates I see are just older plates stuck on newer cars so unless you know what you're looking at you wouldn't know it was a private plate anyway.

No issue with true plates, no time for fucktards who miss space or miss represent them.

We have a couple of plates that we've had for c10 years.

As a youngster in the 80's I had a book that listed private plates, their owners, location and history, I loved it but it wouldn't be allowed nowadays. 

Currently on my cars, BM11 and BM10 are related to BMW and the age as they are 11 and 10 reg cars, the SAR are my initials.

I have also had BM06SAR and BM12SAR that were sold with the cars.

004.JPG

I've had a private plate for years, disguising the age of my cars - and, if it's all the same to you mud slingers, I enjoy owning it. Personal choice. Some like my car, some are indifferent. Some see the humour in my plate, others will consider it naff. I don't care. 

Don't worry what other people think, life is too short.