chemicalal

E28 Wanted!!

12 posts in this topic

Hi all, I'm a past e28 owner and am heading back to the UK after a wee 5 year holiday in Sydney. 

I'm due back in Jun/Jul and am looking to get back into a low mileage e28 525e, 525i, 528i, 535i. 

I'm willing to pay good money for a brilliant example (I'm very picky and know the weak areas). I don't care about colour at all, but mileage sub 100k, full service history and rust free are essential. 

My email is alasdair.knight@gmail.com and I'm a very serious buyer!

Hi Duncan,

Thanks v much for the replies!

I'm speaking to the owner of the 525e. 

£12k for the 525i is just a couple of grand more than I could possibly go but it looks lovely. The dark green and beige leather combo is very tempting!!

I've owned both types before and actually preferred my eta. Would've preferred the slightly newer front valance but you can't have everything!

Again, much appreciated!

Al

Fancy one to do yourself? I've got a sub-100k mile Eta that could be immaculate for less than your budget all-in. Factory heated seats too :)

Is an e34 an option? I have a low mileage 535i Sport Manual in lovely order...

C.

The 525i is nice but rich and almost too nice to use.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10 hours ago, dan101smith said:

Fancy one to do yourself? I've got a sub-100k mile Eta that could be immaculate for less than your budget all-in. Factory heated seats too :)

I want something that is 90-95% there and just needs a bit of TLC to make perfect. Honestly, what needs done to make it perfect? Respray? Major mechanical overhaul? Pics (as many as possible) would be great! alasdair.knight@gmail.com

Edited by chemicalal

9 hours ago, cableguy said:

Is an e34 an option? I have a low mileage 535i Sport Manual in lovely order...

C.

I like the E34 (I've owned 2 E32's so I know that era are probably the best put together BMW's made) but I prefer the looks of the e28 - There is just something about it!

Thanks for letting me know, and if I fail to find a suitable E28 I'll get back to you on here!

I have mine for sale, it just needs small bits to finish off

Edited by ed525sport