chemicalal

E28 Wanted!!

21 posts in this topic

Hi all, I'm a past e28 owner and am heading back to the UK after a wee 5 year holiday in Sydney. 

I'm due back in Jun/Jul and am looking to get back into a low mileage e28 525e, 525i, 528i, 535i. 

I'm willing to pay good money for a brilliant example (I'm very picky and know the weak areas). I don't care about colour at all, but mileage sub 100k, full service history and rust free are essential. 

My email is alasdair.knight@gmail.com and I'm a very serious buyer!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Duncan,

Thanks v much for the replies!

I'm speaking to the owner of the 525e. 

£12k for the 525i is just a couple of grand more than I could possibly go but it looks lovely. The dark green and beige leather combo is very tempting!!

I've owned both types before and actually preferred my eta. Would've preferred the slightly newer front valance but you can't have everything!

Again, much appreciated!

Al

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fancy one to do yourself? I've got a sub-100k mile Eta that could be immaculate for less than your budget all-in. Factory heated seats too :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is an e34 an option? I have a low mileage 535i Sport Manual in lovely order...

 

C.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The 525i is nice but rich and almost too nice to use.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, dan101smith said:

Fancy one to do yourself? I've got a sub-100k mile Eta that could be immaculate for less than your budget all-in. Factory heated seats too :)

 

I want something that is 90-95% there and just needs a bit of TLC to make perfect. Honestly, what needs done to make it perfect? Respray? Major mechanical overhaul? Pics (as many as possible) would be great! alasdair.knight@gmail.com

Edited by chemicalal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, cableguy said:

Is an e34 an option? I have a low mileage 535i Sport Manual in lovely order...

 

C.

 

I like the E34 (I've owned 2 E32's so I know that era are probably the best put together BMW's made) but I prefer the looks of the e28 - There is just something about it!

Thanks for letting me know, and if I fail to find a suitable E28 I'll get back to you on here!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have mine for sale, it just needs small bits to finish off

  

 

Edited by ed525sport

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 17/03/2017 at 0:46 AM, ed525sport said:

I have mine for sale, it just needs small bits to finish off

  

 

 

Hi Ed,

How are you getting on with you're 528i?

Al

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A good friend of mine will be selling his e28 528i, I think it has around 97k, diamond Schwartz black with ox blood red leather sports seats, it has lots of history and was not used for a long period of time by the previous elderly owner, he is selling to help with a deposit on his new house. It sits on a set of 17" Alpina reps, made to look like Alpina open Lugs. It is a good honest car that is structurally sound, it would require two front wings, as the bottoms have been badly repaired and possibly a little attention to the inner most edge of the wheel arch lips. He has the original dealership spec sheet for it, this includes sports suspension and those ox blood seats. If you are interested, please PM me.

 

@ Duncan this is not a stealthy sales pitch, just thought I would give the heads up before it gets advertised :D and will then put Chemicalal in touch direct if he is interested.

Edited by JAM172

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, JAM172 said:

A good friend of mine will be selling his e28 528i, I think it has around 97k, diamond Schwartz black with ox blood red leather sports seats, it has lots of history and was not used for a long period of time by the previous elderly owner, he is selling to help with a deposit on his new house. It sits on a set of 17" Alpina reps, made to look like Alpina open Lugs. It is a good honest car that is structurally sound, it would require two front wings, as the bottoms have been badly repaired and possibly a little attention to the inner most edge of the wheel arch lips. He has the original dealership spec sheet for it, this includes sports suspension and those ox blood seats. If you are interested, please PM me.

 

@ Duncan this is not a stealthy sales pitch, just thought I would give the heads up before it gets advertised :D and will then put Chemicalal in touch direct if he is interested.

Hi Jam,

Thanks for the heads up on this. Sounds like too much needing doing but if you can put me in touch for pics and pricing I'll defo take a good look. 

Al

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanx mick. I'm already speaking to Andy. Bought 2 of his cars in the past and sold him a couple too. 

Bit pricy even for him. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎05‎/‎05‎/‎2017 at 6:01 AM, chemicalal said:

 

Hi Ed,

How are you getting on with you're 528i?

Al

 

Hi, I am getting it ready for it's MOT then I am going to sell it, its a shame but I am losing interest in cars.

 

Ed

Edited by ed525sport

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Sir Anthony Regents-Park said:

 

Hi Andy,

Thanks, I've been in touch with him - He advised that there was a bit of rust floor to sills, and a rudimentary MOT check on this car shows that this is potentially more than a bit, and the remainder of the advisories don't make spectacular reading....nothing drastic, but just a bit more tired than I'd have hoped for a 54k car that looks that good in the pics.

Its a lovely car on the face of it, and the price (which I imagine is negotiable) is appealing if the rot is not horrendous. If its still available (and I've not committed to something else) when I get over in June I may well take a look. 

Thanks again for your time/effort in passing this on!

Alasdair

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, ed525sport said:

 

Hi, I am getting it ready for it's MOT then I am going to sell it, its a shame but I am losing interest in cars.

 

Ed

 

If/when its ready, let me know and I'll come back to you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now