JAM172

Forum5 meetings

21 posts in this topic

Hello, I have been on this forum since 2007, one of the main attractions were all the meets we used to have, pub meets, shows, trackdays etc etc.

This seems to have dwindled away, it would be good if we could post up some ideas in locations and areas:

South East/West: 1. Bromley Pageant

2. Uxbridge motor show

3. Gaydon (BWM National)

Please add any shows or events that you know of in your location.

We used to do a few track days too but that's fallen away too.

I'm going to try and get to Uxbridge but gaydon wasn't worth it for me.

A pub meet would be good too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Both Bromley and Uxbridge I've attended for the past couple of years, on the 5forum 'stand' or area.

Part of the annual events diary now for me and a few mates..

Bromley always good, how about brands hatch in April. ....btw eve,I intend to get there..

12 hours ago, readie said:

Bromley always good, how about brands hatch in April. ....btw eve,I intend to get there..

Hi mate,

Any more details about Brands Hatch?

E28's & other 5 series on the hill at Fort Nelson.

Date booked for Saturday 27 May 2017.

Can we muster 28 E28's?

Regards,

Mick

18 hours ago, mattyv33 said:

Which shows is the forum getting involved in this year?

None as far as I am aware, the problem is that to work well these type of events need a lot of organisation and this includes chasing confirmation of those who put their name down and then don't pay up.

Last year as far as I am aware, the only forum event was Uxbridge and arranged extremely well by Geoff.

Carl-e34 likes this

1 hour ago, JAM172 said:

None as far as I am aware, the problem is that to work well these type of events need a lot of organisation and this includes chasing confirmation of those who put their name down and then don't pay up.

Last year as far as I am aware, the only forum event was Uxbridge and arranged extremely well by Geoff.

Ah right, yes I know how difficult it can be to arrange things. 

If no official event is organised I'll have a look at what's about and maybe see some of you there.

I'm keen to visit some now I'm back in an e39.

4 hours ago, JAM172 said:

If by alienating a very big percentage of the members and cutting the participation in half, yes Jami he did a terrific job.  Numbers were steadily rising and it was a great family atmosphere when Paul was at the helm, now we struggle to fill the stand.

There are plenty of shows that you can visit with fellow E39ers you just have to have a look elsewhere.

On 29/03/2017 at 0:55 PM, 711jrp said:

If by alienating a very big percentage of the members and cutting the participation in half, yes Jami he did a terrific job.  Numbers were steadily rising and it was a great family atmosphere when Paul was at the helm, now we struggle to fill the stand.

There are plenty of shows that you can visit with fellow E39ers you just have to have a look elsewhere.

I live in Stoke on Trent, all of the shows/ meets tend to be down south - wonder why that is... they do say it's grim up north... 

On ‎29‎/‎03‎/‎2017 at 0:55 PM, 711jrp said:

Pete, I didn't know that this was the case, I knew that Paul was not very happy but that's all. I know that there are plenty of other places for e39 followers, as you know I am very good friends with oxo and my daily is an e39 530d, but that's not much good to me for the cars that I want to take to shows, E28, E12 & E3. Mind you I think I'd be more at home in an episode of Heartbeat with the E3. :D

Edited by JAM172
711jrp likes this

I will try and do as many as I can again.  Hopefully we can sort Uxbridge as it was always a good day, hopefully Bromley in the one make parking again.  Miss the trackdays too, must get myself a trackable steed sorted in the next few months... I am looking :)

On ‎05‎/‎04‎/‎2017 at 9:54 PM, Splondike said:

I will try and do as many as I can again.

Hi Mark,

Does this mean that we will see you and your sharp E28 down at E28's and other 5 series on the hill at Fort Nelson on Saturday 27 May 2017?

Regards,

Mick

On ‎14‎/‎03‎/‎2017 at 0:47 PM, JAM172 said:

Hello, I have been on this forum since 2007, one of the main attractions were all the meets we used to have, pub meets, shows, trackdays etc etc.

This seems to have dwindled away, it would be good if we could post up some ideas in locations and areas:

South East/West:  E28 & other 5's meet Portsmouth 27/5/17.

1. Bromley Pageant 18/6/17

2. Uxbridge motor show 16/7/17

3. Gaydon (BWM National) 13/8/17

Are these shows of any interest?

I am up for Bromley, away for Uxbridge and may be up for Gaydon if the car club change the formula this year.