adam73bgt

E34 540i6 touring on ebay

The spec of this is making me very jealous indeed! Be interesting to see what it goes for, the ad mentions some rust on the sills but no close up photos so anyone's guess as to how far its spread..

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/122394268946?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Look at the MOT history ...

The last MOT had an advisery about the sill trim But the MOTs before mentioned

Corrosion in the seat belt mounts and 

the one axle point if i remember correctly ...But still very nice.

Too many M5 rust memories for me to play, see the 0 bidders are already messing around, suspect he has around £4k reserve on it as an optimist.

I saw it just before this guy bought it. It was rough and I hadn't had my Touring for long so I left it. The guy seems to have spend a fair bit of money on it, the thing for me is how well has the rust been tackled. If it's still got rust on the sills it leaves me thinking it's only had half a job done. I'm like Keith, had my fill of rust.

14 hours ago, Carl-e34 said:

Look at the MOT history ...

The last MOT had an advisery about the sill trim But the MOTs before mentioned

Corrosion in the seat belt mounts and 

the one axle point if i remember correctly ...But still very nice.

Perfect plate considering the rust... ;)

C.

I don't think that any of the remaining ones are minters either. They were utility cars when new and they all tend to be high on miles and in poorer condition than most other E34 variants.

You don't tend to find pampered, low owner, low mileage examples. Mine has just under 200k miles on it and pretty much every one that I've seen over the past 8 years has been leggy and rough. I like to think that there is a one owner garage queen out there but I doubt it.

Hmm it has had quite a few advisories over the years, maybe not the best kept example, though worth the risk to someone for a car of that rarity I guess

Its at nearly 3500 now and still not met reserve.. hmm

I imagine the reserve will be around 4k ... maybe a couple more bags of sand... 

It looks like the seller has added the wheels onto his pricing :) 

:blink: also the winning bidder has zero history :rolleyes:

Edited by Carl-e34

they've all been rusty and fucked for a long time, i'd still have one and fix/weld it up but all these scene/drift wankers have slaughtered the market along with 95% of 540i owners thinking they're sitting on the crown jewels no matter the condition of the car.  Hideous market the 540 one and unique in BMW circles i think