Hudds.taz

Parcel Shelf speaker

3 hours ago, Hudds.taz said:

Hi All,

Just been having a random fiddle with the car and noticed the rear drivers side parcel shelf speaker isn't working. Does anyone know the size of said speaker?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Focal-IFBMW-C-10cm-BMW-Custom-Fit-Coaxial-Speakers-/112250908591?hash=item1a22acefaf:g:GGwAAOSw2ENW8UZi

Hmmm.

I'm looking at the IFBMW-S system and wondering if it'll fit in an E60. I've lived without tweeters for eight years now; how come both my E34s had them as standard but not my E60?!

42 minutes ago, e60neindanke said:

Hmmm.

I'm looking at the IFBMW-S system and wondering if it'll fit in an E60. I've lived without tweeters for eight years now; how come both my E34s had them as standard but not my E60?!

Yes it will.  Depends on the level of stereo fitted.

Edited by Dotcom1970

9 hours ago, e60neindanke said:

It's the bottom of the range one. My car is most kindly described as "poverty spec". 

In that case, yes just 'full range' speakers without separate tweeters.  

http://www.realoem.com/bmw/enUS/showparts?id=NJ72-EUR-06-2004-E61-BMW-530d&diagId=65_1304

Your other choice would be the  IFBMW-C.

Do you have the tweeter grills in the window frame though?

Edited by Dotcom1970

From what I can make out from realoem, all the mounts and looms are within the doors, so you should just be able to fi the IFBMW-S without any issues.

12 hours ago, Dotcom1970 said:

From what I can make out from realoem, all the mounts and looms are within the doors, so you should just be able to fi the IFBMW-S without any issues.

Damn. Looks like I'll just have to spend some money :D

So finally got round to testing the speaker today by fitting the opposite side working speaker and nothing. I'm thinking it maybe something with the wiring unless anyone else can shed any light on any other causes 

28 minutes ago, Hudds.taz said:

It's the parcel shelf looks like it just goes along parcel shelf then into boot or am I missing something 

D'oh - Sorry, was thinking it was a front door speaker, and totally ignored the post title :o

The other option is to access the connector at the rear of the head unit and see if there is an audio output.  At least you'll know if it's a head unit or cabling fault...

Edited by Dotcom1970