d_a_n1979

Back in a 2002 530i

40 posts in this topic

Sitting proudly on the drive after yesterday's in-depth clean and hand polish

Just given the OS headlight a good buff (NS headlight is a brand new replacement due to failed adjusters, by the previous owner)!

car1.jpg

car2.jpg

740mick, IINexusII and Hairyarse like this

Looks spanking Dan I don't know why but I had it in my head that your latest buy was an SE, not a sport

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No, deffo a Sport... Says so there 

<<<

:lol: 

Hairyarse likes this

Another day, another bill :lol:

• New stat fitted (Wahler)
  • New water pump fitted (Meyle)
  • New belts (Meyle)
  • New temp sender (OEM)
  • System refilled and bled

Temp needle is where it should be and car runs at correct temp :)

Rear alloys re-balanced and new valves fitted due to them letting air out slowly; re-balancing cured the wobbling at speed

Cars filthy again with the sandy rain; will give it a rinse off tomorrow and a proper wash thereafter

Hairyarse likes this

Another day; another clean :lol:

All alloys had my DIY refurb and respray in Halfords 'Vauxhall Silver Sparkle II' paint; after a sanding & primering etc... Painted with 3 coats and then 2 coats of lacquer. Not after perfection, but better than bubbled, messy and brake-dust damaged paintwork!

New black bolts fitted all round too as well as new centre caps and 'M' badges

Engine bay has been given another clean too after the work that was done to it the other week

Hopefully will have the dents guy out to me over the next week or so to get some of the small 'parking' dents removed and see if he can sort the dents on the bonnet at the front; if not they'll be left to the 2nd half of the body work/respray planned for after summer

A few pics to show it in all its glory (and tucked back up the driveway for another week :lol: 

IMG_20170423_160417.jpg

IMG_20170423_160032.jpg

Hairyarse and jones73 like this

Gave the drivers seat a proper clean today using all sorts of various leather cleaning products and items; hasn't made much difference unfortunately, so looks like it'll need to be a professional refurb

Have had a local company quote me £125 to come out and refurbish that seat fully and give the rest of the interior a deep clean; so thought that was a very good price!

Some places wanted £350 just for the drivers seat alone!!! :roll: 

Hairyarse likes this

Looks good! Nice to see a standard sport getting a bit of tlc. 

d_a_n1979 likes this

Full interior details today; far too sunny to be washing & polishing a car here!

Floor mats outside on the washing line currently; drip-drying :lol: They've been carpet shampoo'd, so all nice and clean

Interior carpet has been shampoo'd as well as I could get it up; one or 2 darker spots, but I think it's come up well.

All leather treated with Autoglym leather cleaner and then Megs leather conditioner; massaged in by hand ;) my hands are so soft now :lol: That'll come back to haunt me on Monday when I get to training; my callouses will tear off no doubt :rolleyes: 

Pic of the boot liner I put in a few weeks back as well; very good fit and very non-slip as it was described! All hail my gym bag too... As they say, 'have belt, will travel/deadlift' :P 

rear.jpg

frontp.jpg

frontd.jpg

boot.jpg

Digidick, Hairyarse and jones73 like this

9 hours ago, Hairyarse said:

That's looking very fresh Dan B)

Smells a bit 'wet dog' currently :lol: 

It's just hailstoned here! But, suns cracking the flags again, so will leave windows down and let it breathe/dry out and then will douse it in Autoglym's Autofresh :) 

Hairyarse likes this

Wet dog, such a lovely smell!!

I use Autofresh too, it works really well and you don't need much of it either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nope; all done. Mats back in, look very clean indeed and a liberal dosing of Autofresh and the car smells sweet-as :mrgreen: 

Hairyarse likes this

3 hours ago, d_a_n1979 said:

Nope; all done. Mats back in, look very clean indeed and a liberal dosing of Autofresh and the car smells sweet-as :mrgreen: 

Smells like a dry dog now then!! :D