MadMack

e39 champagne edition II

Lovely motor - I miss my champagne interiored 530i

Lovely looker that,

I know what your saying about being busy,i,m the same with my recently acquired 530i,just working through things so i,ve got peace of mind that all is working as it should.

When I bought it there was a couple of things that niggled away at me that I have fixed.

pixel problem done that myself

folding mirror on drivers side was broke so got a new one and installed

none of parking sensors worked so replaced all them

full service obviously including a lpg service

got rid of the black kidney grills and put originals back on

had all new bushes, arms and tyres as well as rear wheel bearings 

got rid of the lips from the lights

new front bumper next and vanos seals and get rid of the harmann splitter.

I agree with getting shot of the splitter and eyebrows over the lights.

The E39 is best left cosmetically standard (apart from wheels in some cases - not yours, you have Paras'!)  - it's difficult to improve its original look. 

I agree, it's whole design stance and look from any angle just looks right. I am a true BMW guy at heart through and through so mods like splitters and eyebrows does not appeal to me.

I believe BMW got this right from th very start and apart from a good valet, and a regular service it needs nothing else

Hi,

Welcome along to the forum! Good place here with many great and knowledgeable members, so I'm sure you'll enjoy the site, discussions and cars!

I agree with some of the above, the eyebrows and the 'usual' choice Hamann type splitter and a few other bits can/do look a little off on the E39, but when executed well, can look quite good too. 

One thing that always remains true with a BMW is that by just lowering a little bit and fitting a set of slightly larger wheels and nothing else can make a significant/dramatic improvement in visuals;

E39BlackRD2DHcar.jpg

This is a standard champagne E39, with a set of 19 inch wheels and lowered, perhaps slightly more than what most would do! The owner sold that car off some years back but it was seen relatively often at shows/events and looked stunning as the paintwork was very well looked after!

Of course, on this forum, more 'OEM' only is the usual preference by most members, which is fine of course. I'm the opposite and like to modify plenty !

Also, were the Champagne 'Individual' model variants ?  if so, then you'll need to source the 'Individual' door sill strips. Any other plans for the car ?

Cheers, Dennis!

To be honest apart from a new front bumper and some work on the engine no not really, want to keep it as stock as possible. Like I said not had it long and as much as I love it I am truly considering buying an M5 which I have been toying with for a few years but now in a position where I could get one as a daily runner so my head is in a spin ha ha ha