sayanthan

2000 BMW 540 touring auto 106k for Sale ono £6500

@sayanthan :

I know this is an old thread but just wondering if you can provide me with the details of how you got the E53 X5 4.6is dials to work in your 540i Touring as i'm also interested in doing this upgrade .

Thanks 

Jay.

On 17/12/2017 at 1:37 PM, Jay_w said:

@sayanthan :

I know this is an old thread but just wondering if you can provide me with the details of how you got the E53 X5 4.6is dials to work in your 540i Touring as i'm also interested in doing this upgrade .

Thanks 

Jay.

There’s a guy on m5 board - fixels- blackknight 530i who does it, I got him to put a new ribbon in mine also. There’s another guy in the states who also does the mod and does remaps. Fixels doesn’t . Bear in mind some mappers won’t know how to remap

the ECI without wiping out the soft ware that gets the oil temp

guage and warmup lights to work.

so I used dudmd for both (cluster software and remap) and for fixels

just to do the cluster repair. 

@sayanthan :

Thanks for providing that info :) , Just a couple of questions regarding the cluster software :

How was the coding done?
What info did he need to do it?
In your opinion was it a worth while mod?

Cheers fella.

Jay

I like the mod as you have a little more info on the dash - oil temp. (Although I think you can access all this stuff through the secret menu/Intravee)

i Think it looks cool. It’s basically the same as the e39 m5 cluster without the M logo.

there was a code needed for the cluster which I got hold of using an auto logic. I’ll need to lool

through my old

messages to

check. What this was. - but basically this enables

the cluster to read the correct mileage of your car.

i sent my cluster and ecu and he did the rest. 2 week turnaround. I picked up an ecu on eBay for £100 and sent him that so my car wasn’t off

the road, he virginised it (so it was plug and play on any car) and remapped it. 

On 3/8/2017 at 1:17 PM, sayanthan said:

Orient Blue

Full BMWSH till 80k

Serviced by independent since

Automatic

Eisenmann Rear Exhaust

Black electric sports leather/steering column / retrimmed Alpina face lift steering wheel and genuine Alpina wood trim

Facelift xenons rear LEDs (genuine BMW- all coded correctly)

Android 9" widescreen Nav unit with Bluetooth

18" genuine alpina alloys (non-staggered 18x8 as for touring) with lockable faces and keys (refurbed at lepsons) with good tread on all tyres 

Rear blinds (rare option)

Rigid genuine BMW rear boot floor container (rare)

Bilstein suspension (b8 front dampers/b6 rear dampers, eibach pro-springs on front, bilstein sport air springs on rear (superior to the oem Bmw air springs as this unit replaces the sensor as well)

Eibach front and rear Anti-roll bars

Genuine front alpina bumper

M sport rear bumper

E53 x5 4.6 speedometer (grey dials) all coded correctly ( with pixel repair. It only has 8000 miles on it - from a car exported to Europe early in its life)

Bodywork - excellent condition. No rust at all (often tailgate and fuel filler cap area are affected).

Maintenance (genuine BMW parts)

All fluids, plugs, sensors, (MAF, crank, cam sensor, lambdas, coolant temp, oil level sensor) fuel pump and sender changed

water pump, thermostat, radiator hoses

Genuine bmw filter/oil for gearbox oil change.

All ignition coils changed.

Rear boot struts (both)

All discs pads lines

Pics to follow.

Price...I'm seeing much higher mileage lower spec cars with a fraction of the above with average bodywork for £4500+.

So I’m going to say ono £6500

Car drives really well and smooth. It is quick!

I’m selling as we’re just changing cars in the household. (335d sold) F10 M5 Competition Pack bought a fortnight ago and M3 Competition Pack due in this week. Am in two minds about whether or not the e39 M5 goes.

pics to follow

Now officially up for sale. Will get pics out later this week.

Edited by sayanthan
Update

Can you get them up quicker please as my pal has been looking for a touring for a while and feel he'd be interested in this?

Also; what's the interior spec, any heated seats, memory seats, folding wing mirrors etc?

Thanks 

2 hours ago, d_a_n1979 said:

Can you get them up quicker please as my pal has been looking for a touring for a while and feel he'd be interested in this?

Also; what's the interior spec, any heated seats, memory seats, folding wing mirrors etc?

Thanks 

Electric memory seats - black leather. Non heated.

mirrors are auto-folding.

Here are a few quick pics, works been quite hectic so I’ve not had a chance to wash the car and take proper pics, will do soon. 

189E7BE6-57EE-45F5-88E8-01BFD49C2025.jpeg

CB569976-DAFF-4362-904A-087B10D2BA92.jpeg

223E05DA-2994-4DAE-A382-082CCC66CAA5.jpeg