sayanthan

2000 BMW 540 touring auto 106k feeler

@sayanthan :

I know this is an old thread but just wondering if you can provide me with the details of how you got the E53 X5 4.6is dials to work in your 540i Touring as i'm also interested in doing this upgrade .

Thanks 

Jay.

On 17/12/2017 at 1:37 PM, Jay_w said:

@sayanthan :

I know this is an old thread but just wondering if you can provide me with the details of how you got the E53 X5 4.6is dials to work in your 540i Touring as i'm also interested in doing this upgrade .

Thanks 

Jay.

There’s a guy on m5 board - fixels- blackknight 530i who does it, I got him to put a new ribbon in mine also. There’s another guy in the states who also does the mod and does remaps. Fixels doesn’t . Bear in mind some mappers won’t know how to remap

the ECI without wiping out the soft ware that gets the oil temp

guage and warmup lights to work.

so I used dudmd for both (cluster software and remap) and for fixels

just to do the cluster repair. 

@sayanthan :

Thanks for providing that info :) , Just a couple of questions regarding the cluster software :

How was the coding done?
What info did he need to do it?
In your opinion was it a worth while mod?

Cheers fella.

Jay

I like the mod as you have a little more info on the dash - oil temp. (Although I think you can access all this stuff through the secret menu/Intravee)

i Think it looks cool. It’s basically the same as the e39 m5 cluster without the M logo.

there was a code needed for the cluster which I got hold of using an auto logic. I’ll need to lool

through my old

messages to

check. What this was. - but basically this enables

the cluster to read the correct mileage of your car.

i sent my cluster and ecu and he did the rest. 2 week turnaround. I picked up an ecu on eBay for £100 and sent him that so my car wasn’t off

the road, he virginised it (so it was plug and play on any car) and remapped it.