sayanthan

2000 BMW 540 touring auto 106k feeler

Orient Blue

Full BMWSH till 80k

Serviced by independent since

Automatic

Black electric sports leather/steering column / retrimmed Alpina face lift steering wheel and genuine Alpina wood trim

Facelift xenons rear LEDs (genuine BMW- all coded correctly)

Android 9" widescreen Nav unit with Bluetooth/rear view reversing camera with which I run mobile Wi-fi, all works

18" genuine alpina alloys (non-staggered 18x8 as for touring) with lockable faces and keys (refurbed at lepsons last month) with good tread on all tyres 

Rear blinds (rare option)

Rigid genuine BMW rear boot floor container (rare)

Bilstein suspension (b8 front dampers/b6 rear dampers, eibach pro-springs on front, bilstein sport air springs on rear (superior to the oem Bmw air springs as this unit replaces the sensor as well)

Eibach front and rear Anti-roll bars

Genuine front alpina bumper

M sport rear bumper

E53 x5 4.6 speedometer (grey dials) all coded correctly ( with pixel repair. It only has 8000 miles on it - from a car exported to Europe early in its life)

Bodywork - excellent condition. No rust at all (often tailgate and fuel filler cap area are affected) and no dents.

Maintenance (genuine BMW parts)

All fluids, plugs, sensors, (MAF, crank, cam sensor, lambdas, coolant temp, oil level sensor) fuel pump and sender changed

water pump, thermostat, radiator hoses

Genuine bmw filter/oil for gearbox oil change.

All ignition coils changed.

Rear boot struts (both)

All discs pads lines

Pics to follow.

Price...I'm seeing much higher mileage lower spec cars with a fraction of the above with average bodywork for £4500+.

So I’m going to say £9000

Car drives really well and smooth. It is quick!

I’m selling as toying with either buying a Mercedes amg 6.3 Cls touring or doing something radical with the e39 M5

pics to follow

Edited by sayanthan
Update

Sounds lovely. A few pictures wouldn't go a miss. :D

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Cluster is in USA at moment and it's having paint soon, when all done I'll post pics

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Presume this is a pre-facelift SE? 

Does it have heated sport seats?

Is the window trim chrome or shadowline?

Thanks

Seats aren't heated, they are sports.

Shadow line.

It's not a sport or SE.

It was speccd with M sport suspension from factory

I'd be interested to hear what response you get.

Not looking to sell my 540i but everything is always for sale at the right price.

Erring towards keeping it, recoded 4.6 cluster and virginised remapped ecu with warm up lights enabled on the way back. + have just ordered the bilstein/h&r damper kit with bilstein air Springs. Interestingly the chassis number flags the car as having the M tech suspension option.

I did have a look online, here are the prices I saw:

2001 195k £4995

2002 172k £3000

1999 161k £3995

2000 141k £3450

1999 146k £2695

2002 60k £11940

2004 74k £23995

Many weren’t sports or had rust etc. and much higher mileage. V. Few had the level of maintenance or spec.
so I’ve picked a number. I appreciate the price will attract debate.

Seems a great car.

£9k is a fairly punchy aspiration though and is verging on 'collector's car' price bracket. Most people looking to collect something like this might want the car to be totally original and it's been fairly heavily modified in one way or another, fitted with some non-standard, non-BMW parts. + a mixed with a few Alpina flavours.

I really like what you've done with it but potential collectors might be a little shy of something that's not 'bone-stock', to coin a phrase from the other side of the Atlantic.

£9k is definitely mid E39 M5 territory. (That £24k price for the '04 can only be Hexagon. Am I right?)

Good luck with the sale though. Like selling a house, you only need just one buyer!