Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
TrM5

E28 528i SE Alpina Rep - Ebay - Advice Pls!

16 posts in this topic

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/322442924603?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

I believe this has been for sale for a very long time??

I'm sure someone on here has been over it? Is there an old thread about it? I cant seem to find one?

Is there a hidden story on it? Perhaps need for extensive work underneath what looks like a very sound body?

Its seriously tempting me.....I am in the market for an E28 (or E34 M5/V8)....but not near me so a whole day away to check it out.......

Any advice/insight gratefully received!

It has been up a while. I think the sellers expectation of price and what the market will pay where different.

If it's a good shell and history then the buy it now is probably somewhere close.

Needs a few bits taking off mind.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agreed - I think time passing since it was first advertised makes it a more realistic proposition now. Any manual 528 with 60k miles in good order is worth a reasonable sum in my eyes. With the side and rear kit removed though, I wonder if there would be some pain underneath to be dealt with?

Do you know if anyone on here has been to see it?

There seem to be a couple on eBay that arent going anywhere. But if you want one you need to lap one up quick! They are only going up in value... Currently a 35k M5 and a 38k Alpina..(a real one) on the bay.

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

I'm surprised no-one on here has been to take a look given its been up so long.

I agree it needs some 'improvement' but that's the fun bit isn't it? Taking something that's been neglected and bringing it up to the best it can be (clearly in this case not a real Alpina of course).

Personally I see potential. Interested to hear - what would others think should be removed? I have seen genuine E28 Alpinas advertised with the exact same kit on EXCEPT for the tiny upright plastics leading onto the wheel arches. ie retaining the plastic side skirts and rear kit.

Hi,

The seller might get some interest and a sale if he put better pictures up and also put the original Alpina wheels he mentions it comes with on for the photos. He could sell those Wolfrace wheels off separately as they look terrible on the car currently. 

If the rest of the car is clean, sound and strong etc, then it does indeed look like it's a contender for a viewing at least !

Cheers, Dennis!

Hi Dennis, the seller doesn't have original Alpinas, only bog standard metric 528 wheels. 

Anyone near Great Yarmouth on here I wonder? I can't get there this weekend. Really needs to be got on a ramp I reckon

Yep also saw the other example you link to. What's it worth? Looks like it wants some recommissioning to me?

This thing has been for sale for years.

It's as much a genuine Alpina as my dishwasher. It's a standard 528i SE that was showered with Alpina bits years ago.

Nice car, but not the real thing and not 38 grand!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/An-Elite-and-Very-Rare-E28-BMW-Alpina-B2-8-with-Only-29-643-Miles-/282376818958?hash=item41bef8510e:g:870AAOSwSlBYtDSj