sayanthan

Feeler 2002 Carbon Black M5 FBMWSH 75k

Hi I'm toying with selling this as my wife wants a new kitchen now.....and I'm thinking of getting into something different next year, would consider e92 m3 dct or a supercharged e46 M3 straight swap.

Spec:

75000 miles

Carbon Black

Not an import.

No rust.

I'm the second owner.

Previous owner was a BMW car club member - garaged- made a point of saying that he always wore soft trousers when driving car - no jeans with buckles etc. v.careful with car.

Never been painted and always garaged. I had a detailer check paint depth with a micrometer on every panel - it was the same all round. Being v.v.fussy, There are a few tiny isolated age related marks , no scuffs scratches or dents.

Black "ostrich" leather seats with rear child booster seats.

Titanium trim

Rear door blinds and electric rear parcel shelf blind

18" shadow chrome wheels - one wheel has a 5mm shallow curb mark

Mk IV DVD widescreen Nav and bluetooth

BMW cargo net in boot

Full tool kit and first aid kit

Modifications

Russ Fellows headers 100 cell cats (no EML)

Never dyno'd , feels very fast and smooth, and I've driven a fair few.

RK remap

Dinan Stage 2 suspension (new, less than 1000 miles) - dampers springs bump stops rear ARB & front strut brace - v.smooth focused drive. Good for a weekend late night drive and good for the wife and kids.

Stop tech front and rear trophy BBK (ST60/ST20) pads and discs are nearly new.

BMC panel filter

Okada ignition coils

Evosport power pulleys with new tensioners

BM54 stage 2 upgrade with iPhone 6 charger (flash charger so will charge iPhone)

Digital TV stage 2 upgrade (carphonics) (amazing)

Maintenance - FBMWSH - last service at 74k at BMW Oxford.

In my ownership using genuine BMW parts from

Cotswold BMW (receipts to prove )

- changed all fluids/filters - engine coolant brake fluid differential gearbox changing all seals / guibo (slight weep), oil filter, fuel filter, pollen filters.

- changed all belts

- new BMW battery

- preventatively - MAFs, thermostat, engine oil temp sensor, lambdas, cam sensors, crank position sensor, coolant level sensor, fuel pump & sender, all diff seals, all engine mounts

Complete suspension re-build, mixture of genuine BMW and Lemforder:

Rod Assembly

Tie rods

Thrust arms, upper/lower control arms front/rear

All end links , integral links , subframe bushes, diff carrier bushes, all 4 wheel bearings (FAG). Front ARB bushes, (rear ARB is Dinan with Dinan poly bush)

- spark plugs are NGK iridium IX (superior to stock)

- brake fluid is castrol racing (£25/Litre)

- all the door trims/bumper trims/number plates/badges/gloss black window trims

- gearknob/hand brake/steering wheel trim, Centre console trim

Tyres are Michelin pilot sport 3's good tread all round.

Car always stored in a heated garage on a trickle charger. Engine turned over weekly. Always allowed to warm up before driving it.

Warranty work at BMW: new ECU in 2012. (£1200) I suspect car never needed it but that's BMW for you.

BMW warranty expired in December 2016 -£4000 to renew which I can't justify.

Car owes me £35000

I'm not expecting that!

It drives really well and spins up the rear wheels very easily, nice smooth reliable NA power!

Not planning to sell till May/June...

If I can put enough away for the kitchen I'll keep.

I'm looking for £25000 for a car I feel has all the weak points of an e39 M5 addressed.

Pics to follow.

If I do keep the car, I wouldget alcantara headlining and change the trims to dry laid CF or leather

Serious interest only please.

Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Go to Howdens joinery for your new kitchen and keep the M5.

Seriously kitchens can be the one of the biggest rip offs in the house building world!

Go to Howdens joinery for your new kitchen and keep the M5.

Seriously kitchens can be the one of the biggest rip offs in the house building world!

I'll take a look, thanks.

That's way out of my budget! We're getting quite a lot of work done, kitchen extension re-wire central heating etc. it's an old 1920 house.....drove the M5 today. Really don't want to sell it, such a well sorted car. Might sell the 540 touring instead.

I could finish my alpina'd 540 touring project and sell that instead. Won't bring in anywhere near as much money but will tick a box with the wife!

On 3/11/2017 at 4:28 PM, jones73 said:

Good decision! I've been regretting selling mine recently and wish I'd found another way to raise funds.

I was talking to Andy Walker whilst mine was in dock the other week and hadn't realised that 'L3' was yours.

Just got my tv done by cva supplies Manchester cost 500 quid to get put on digital and another 250 to get by pass so passenger can watch it while I'm driving!! Hey ho these are best model and well worth hanging on to!IMG_0559.JPG

10 minutes ago, chopp said:

Just got my tv done by cva supplies Manchester cost 500 quid to get put on digital and another 250 to get by pass so passenger can watch it while I'm driving!! Hey ho these are best model and well worth hanging on to!IMG_0559.JPG

You was done ...Barris/Carphonics on here was doing that for £280

It's ok if u electrickery savvy! I'm wide open bein old fart!  How do I get Bluetooth  sorted on this beast my 03 model had this I've got button and indicator lights on console telephone button on steering wheel have I got memory installed or do I need too much doin? Is it pos? Just won't even try pairing!,:rolleyes::rolleyes: 

...toying with whether or not I change the dinan dampers to coilovers or not.....

Would consider swapping with an e92 m3 dct or supercharged e46 m3