Its not getting any better is it!!!? 

At least half on ffwd this evening due to that pointless tractor. 

Last weeks was OK but it feels like they've lost the plot. And there's never going to be any rapport between all three when it's a LeBlanc-Harris double act every time. 

I truly hope the BBC is saving a serious amount of cash on this season! 

Edited by SuperDave

I’m afraid topgear is the new 5th gear....

I’ve only seen about 15 mine of the new series, mainly because I’m drunk on most sunday’s But mostly because I’ve slept through the catch up :lol::lol: 

I don,t mind Top Gear,its easy Sunday night viewing,

We,ve got Grand Tour last 3 episodes to watch yet and to be honest i can,t be arsed as i,ve got up and found something to do while watching previous episodes,

Wife says Clarkson is up for Who wants to be a millionaire as Grand Tour looks iffy for another series,but i don,t think her source is very reliable(Sunday Papers).

I really enjoyed the last two series of Grand Tour apart from the odd episode e.g. the last episode of series 2.  Some nice totty Silvija Jurin (the human finish line), Paris Hilton, and Abigail "Abbie" Eaton (Female racing driver).  Also not constraint by BBC Health and Safety e.g. when they apparently lost the key for the M3 on the race track and just raced around the car instead, or supposedly obviously they did use professional stunt drivers (but) had office workers driving in the office park.  

Yesterday’s Top Gear was watchable.  The first two episodes IMO were cringeworthily with no chemistry or dynamics between the three.  I am not a Rob Brydon fan but do think he is funny therefore don’t mind watching him. It was however just grisly watching him on Top Gear - especially listening to him commentating on his own lap.  To top the first episode off, they recycled the Grand Tour joke with the Discovery’s rear end.  I found the second episode so boring, I can’t remember what it was about apart from them trying to copy their counterparts from Grand Tour and trying to be that era of Top Gear, which the BBC said they will not do.

I am surprised I talk highly of Grand Tour as I found the last few series of Top Gear boring when they were presenting it.

Just my 2p worth

watched last nights TG and the tractor segment was just rubbish,just seems like an ego trip for the presenters, if i see chris harris grinning again a will throw something at the tv,last year i thought extra gear was quite good and that is rubbish like all of this series.

The GT seems to have improved this series.

When can we have a car program that relates to cars we could possibly own,what happened to 5th gear?

8 hours ago, oldtechnoman said:

watched last nights TG and the tractor segment was just rubbish,just seems like an ego trip for the presenters, if i see chris harris grinning again a will throw something at the tv,last year i thought extra gear was quite good and that is rubbish like all of this series.

The GT seems to have improved this series.

When can we have a car program that relates to cars we could possibly own,what happened to 5th gear?

I agree! I wish we could have another program like 5th Gear! 

Like anything, some episodes are better than others, but I have to say I really like Top Gear.  Comparing this series with season 2 of The Grand Tour, I wouldn't say there's much between them at all.  Plenty of room for the likes of Fifth Gear too - it does what it does well.

Car people have never been so well looked after to be honest - there's something out there for most tastes.  Great!

Im going to have to agree with calypso. I actually enjoy the dynamic between harris and matt. I am also just so glad that they have a guy that can actually drive, and have a fairly well rounded opinion and discribe the actual car. You know, without saying its got a really big engine and adding a metaphor. I used to watch his videos all the time on youtube. Its not just supercars he does...

I enjoy Matt Le Blanc leading it, yes Haris's jokes are a bit wooden but his car reviews are top notch. Rory is a bit nerdy I like that. The new team is growing on me. 

17 hours ago, doubledutch said:

I honestly think it is garbage, if I hear another yes yes yes. Scream or wooh hoo I will throw something at the telly

8 hours ago, Carl-e34 said:

Watched  the new version and the shows really rubbish ...  BBC at it's best ...

Just watched last week's episode.  That Rory bloke  (does anyone know who he is?) in that American car,  what an annoying t**t , all that whooping and screaming and shouting,  i ended up fast forwarding it.  I think they're trying too hard to be like Clarkson, Hammond and May and failing miserably. 

Again, i liked it. Cant knock it, im not into fawning over celebs so i always fast forward that bit, same as with grand tour.

Just read that the top gear test track is being turned into houses.

Get rid of Rory, his screaming like Chris Evans is pissing me off and also he's trying to turn it into a fashion show about him and how good he looks.. 

Matt and Chris are brilliant and as I've said before, get rid of the Stig they have Chris and he's a bloody good driver.

I think it’s quite good but have to fast forward through the bits Rory does on his own... I’m not really interested in his opinion and his shouting and screaming is so pointless 

I thought I was watching a repeat of the Grand Tour with the SUVs. Then Rory decides to do a right instead of following. It was a race of the best car in all that terrain, not a stage act of a car going through a cricket club etc.

Then Chris breaking cars, and a car fire. At least when Hammond breaks a car it’s done in style and his car was on fire for five days IIRC.

Top Gear should cut out the foolhardily between the presenters, and more serious with the reviews with the odd bit of motoring banter.  

We all know what to expect from GT and as it is now internet based they have more scope and it makes it entertaining. Interestingly that Clarkson’s is presenting Who Wants to be a Millionaire - does this mean ITV will buy the rights for the fourth series? 

Also what is the correct way to pronounce Alpine – with or without the e? At least Chris didn’t do a Mike Brewer and called their Alpine an ALPINA. 

Seen one of them new Fiat/Alfa SUV's on one of our sites... Not quite sure what the point of it is considering it's cost