...is back on the goggle box tonight.

Ive only seen two short trailers for it. The BBC have kept it fairly quiet this time around.

So who is going to watch it then?

Probably record it and watch it my leasure... Sunday nights a film night for me/us :D

However; wife has just started watching The Pacific, we're onto Ep.3 so will crack on with that... I've told her it's educational :lol: 

I watched the first of the new top gear then never watched another. I don't know why but I just can't bring myself to watch a programme called top gear without clarkson Hammond and may. Maybe if they'd called it something else I might have been able to watch it. Silly I know.

I'm currently watching it and it's like pulling teeth! 

The 3 presenters are like some sort of miss match and you can tell they don't have the on screen chemistry that clarkson and co. have....

I thought it was better than last series, no shouty Evans thank goodness.

I was only half watching it right enough, too busy packaging up my eBay sales. 

Not too bad but no chemistry but that will take time. The Ferrari part at the beginning was pointless and boring....and I'd certainly scrap the guest but as well.

I very much doubt they will have any type of chemistry if I'm honest, as what made top gear so good (or bad depending on your stance) was the real friendship of clarkson, Hammond and may. 

I doubt you will get that when one is in America and the other two are just strange! :lol: 

Enjoyed most it... the Ferrari rubbish at the beginning was dish water dull....the rest not too bad...

Thankfully no gobby, shouty, self promoting Evans...

The three of them worked OK together, it takes time to gel and Matt LeBlanc did a good job as the lead presenter. Chris Harris made me laugh in the Toyota GT86, and Rory Reid came across as a humble nice guy...

It's a car show.  I like car shows, so I'll record and watch it, same as I do with Wheeler Dealers, Fast 'n Loud and such like, but I don't think the presenters of Top Gear gel that well - in fact, I don't think that as presenters they are even that great if I'm honest.  Time will tell I suppose - perhaps they will do better as the show matures.  I don't think Rory Reid will ever get there though.  He's awful.

In the future though, it may be worth noting that it's easier to teach a good presenter about cars than it is to teach a car nut how to present. 

It seemed they were trying a little too hard to distance themselves from Evans and return to "old" Top Gear.

In fact, I'd have preferred it if they hadn't used the same gags, same challenges & same adventure scenario as we've had many times before.

Oh, and can someone please stop the bald one trying to commentate on someone else's lap; that was just awful!

Just watched the first half; turned it off

It was crap to watch and they're painful together IMO, no chemistry... It's like they're reading from placards etc...

Thanks, but no thanks

59 minutes ago, paperjams said:

I enjoyed it, I thought it was better than the grand tour and the 'evans top gear'. They need time to build chemistry together. 

I'm with you, (although I haven't seen the Grand Tour) esp the Evans Top Gear, give it time, I think.

i quite enjoyed it,better than grand tour which is just big boys doing stupid stuff time after time after time.

how many years has clarkson and co had to gel.

^^^^ you're missing the point! Clarkson an the other two ARE actually proper mates in real life! 

Where as the yank, the one that looks like he's had a stroke and the other one that looks like a puffer fish are just an odd combination IMO! 

Anyway, I might watch it again but I was constantly looking at my watch throughout the show as it felt like it was on for an age.....

Really enjoyed it, so glad they got rid of the shouty ginger person.

Matt was funny, although I'm surprised he didn't have whiplash after that shunt.

I did like the Ferrari bit, completely pointless car, bit it's nice seeing what can be.

Nice to see the top gear track back to normal without the stupid dirt section.

Rory either needs to wear a hoody or stop talking like a teenager and ending every sentence with 'Man'

Extra Gear was just about ok, but I'm not sure if the presenter (who was he) should be out on a school night.

Overall I think this can work and the USA will buy it because of Matt the white

Oh and they still need to get rid of the Stig and use Chris Harris.

Entertaining - hopefully more of the same in the next 6 episodes

Sorry to admit it, but I thought it was pretty good, certainly 100% than the last series, but that 'cos they don't have a ginger twat screaming, shouting and generally acting the c&nt!

Missed it as didn't realise it was on again. Caught it on iPlayer. That Harris chap rather ruins it. Bit too formulaic and returned to the Clarkson formula. If they wanted to do that, then they shouldn't have sacked him. Rather than try and recreate him, they should have done something different. Maybe be a little more serious with their reviews rather than the forced laddish behaviour in far flung places. But apart from that, it was a lot better than Chris Evans TG.