Captain Beaky

530d touring the latest addition

19 posts in this topic

Well mission accomplished !!

Another successful raid across the border nearly completed and an E39 530d touring coming home to wales.

Just have to arrange the pick up 

530D.jpg

Carl-e34, jones73 and Hairyarse like this

That looks nice. How many miles has it done?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Looks nice and if thats the owners property in the pic its should speak for itself.

29 minutes ago, jones73 said:

That looks nice. How many miles has it done?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

160 on the clock

jones73 likes this

Ah!! :wacko: This thread may have been a Little Tadge premature.

Mission aborted before crossing the border, oddly convenient for the seller the turbo blew a seal and sprayed oil all over the engine......hmmm!

This may have had something to do with me being the only bidder and winning the auction with my opening bid, not that I am a suspicious person.

Not one to give up I made the seller a reasonable offer, however he insisted that the price would not be dropped because of the mishap as the car was worth MORE! 

Never mind, it could be fate as I have found another:D

Ahhhh id be reporting him to ebay!!! What a tool he should have put on for more or had a reserve!

I've never understood why people start an auction at a low price and then get pissed off when they don't get the money they wanted, as said above, stick a reserve on or start the auction at your bottom line price! There are some bell-ends about when it comes to buying and selling cars!

Captain Beaky likes this

11 hours ago, 530d titansport said:

Ahhhh id be reporting him to ebay!!! What a tool he should have put on for more or had a reserve!

Man ! that don't help i thought I had bit of luck for once :lol::lol:

But reporting him would achieve nothing really  

11 hours ago, NWJW said:

I've never understood why people start an auction at a low price and then get pissed off when they don't get the money they wanted, as said above, stick a reserve on or start the auction at your bottom line price! There are some bell-ends about when it comes to buying and selling cars!

You're right! but I have done the same thing however I stuck to my word and done the right thing, not on the scale of a car but the principle is the same.

Anyhow I have bought another one:blink:

3 minutes ago, Captain Beaky said:

Man ! that don't help i thought I had bit of luck for once :lol::lol:

But reporting him would achieve nothing really  

It may not do anything to help you in your quest for a bargain but if the seller has done or regually done it he will get his acc banned and if he has paypal registered to it he wont be able to set a new acc up with his paypal attached to it because oof the banned marker so really it will affect him in the long run.

2 minutes ago, 530d titansport said:

It may not do anything to help you in your quest for a bargain but if the seller has done or regually done it he will get his acc banned and if he has paypal registered to it he wont be able to set a new acc up with his paypal attached to it because oof the banned marker so really it will affect him in the long run.

I agree very strongly with you however I checked his feedback and he is a random seller, nothing really jumped out but he is a tool and got caught with his spiderman pants well down his ankles.

The only reason I was on it was because his listing said "tourrer" and spelt wrong and started with the year so it never came up in any of my searches only as a related item

Lol the famous mis-spelt listing that others didnt find, you gotta love those but what did you buy in its place?

15 hours ago, Captain Beaky said:

Ah!! :wacko: This thread may have been a Little Tadge premature.

Mission aborted before crossing the border, oddly convenient for the seller the turbo blew a seal and sprayed oil all over the engine......hmmm!

This may have had something to do with me being the only bidder and winning the auction with my opening bid, not that I am a suspicious person.

Not one to give up I made the seller a reasonable offer, however he insisted that the price would not be dropped because of the mishap as the car was worth MORE! 

Never mind, it could be fate as I have found another:D

Hmmm... Conveniently bollocks! :roll: 

2 hours ago, 530d titansport said:

Lol the famous mis-spelt listing that others didnt find, you gotta love those but what did you buy in its place?

Ah! maybe I won't tempt fate quite yet, nevertheless it does constitute another cross border raid right over into the Garden on England

I shall keep you posted

On 3/10/2017 at 8:51 AM, 530d titansport said:

Okay no so premature this time, but I managed to complete another successful raid over the border and bring this little 530d beauty home to sunny West Wales. 

IMG_0159.JPG

IMG_0160.JPG

IMG_0161.JPG

What's that funny stick in the middle?!

:P 

2 minutes ago, duncan-uk said:

What every proper 5 has emoji41.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pfft :lol: