cubbyq

What are you listening to?

I've had Rammstein's Du Hast stuck in my head for ages now. Something very catchy in the mix of heavy industrial metal riffs mixed with Kraftwerk style electronica. Also, Sonne and other Rammstein songs often get unavoidably stuck in my poor ageing brain ...

9 minutes ago, Retset said:

I've had Rammstein's Du Hast stuck in my head for ages now. Something very catchy in the mix of heavy industrial metal riffs mixed with Kraftwerk style electronica. Also, Sonne and other Rammstein songs often get unavoidably stuck in my poor ageing brain ...

Love it! 8) 

On 08/12/2017 at 10:21 PM, Yokozuna said:

Love it! 8) 

Can't go wrong with a bit of Rammstein ;) 

Them, System of a Down and Metallica are my 'psyche up for training' tracks :mrgreen: 

On 08/12/2017 at 10:11 PM, Retset said:

Hmmm. I'll see your Rammstein and raise you Laibach (from 2003).

Edited by e60neindanke

4 hours ago, e60neindanke said:

Hmmm. I'll see your Rammstein and raise you Laibach (from 2003).

Ha, would you listen to that! I have never heard of them but there is definitely a similarity in style.

Essentially, nearly all the metal I listen to is mixed with something, be it extra melody to my death metal (Arch Enemy or Amorphis), choirs and orchestra (Nightwish, Epica or Xandria) or even good old pop music (Delain, Within Temptation or Amaranthe). I listen to very little 'straight metal'. So, let's listen to Automatic by Amaranthe. This band is a guilty pleasure of mine and perfectly mix sickeningly catchy Euro Pop with metal!

12 hours ago, Retset said:

Ha, would you listen to that! I have never heard of them but there is definitely a similarity in style.

Yup. Laibach are a Slovenian band, Tanz mit Laibach dates from 2003. Of all things, I learned of them via an animation called Fear The Kittens !!!

Laibach was the German name for the city of Ljubljana - band info here. I was quite surprised to see how long Rammstein have been around; the thing is, the lyrics of Tanz mit Laibach are at complete odds with the sound!

Edited by e60neindanke

43 minutes ago, e60neindanke said:

Yup. Laibach are a Slovenian band, Tanz mit Laibach dates from 2003. Of all things, I learned of them via an animation called Fear The Kittens !!!

Laibach was the German name for the city of Ljubljana - band info here. I was quite surprised to see how long Rammstein have been around; the thing is, the lyrics of Tanz mit Laibach are at complete odds with the sound!

It's a bit of a giggle if you translate Rammstein's Ich Tu Dir Weh into English! :lol:

On 12/11/2017 at 3:13 PM, Paddy O'Furniture said:

Nice to see we're getting some decent music on here at last. 

How about some Marilyn?

Yay! Nice choice. Some real classics that I haven't heard for ages.

On 12/11/2017 at 11:51 AM, Mashed Potatoes said:

It's a bit of a giggle if you translate Rammstein's Ich Tu Dir Weh into English! :lol:

I just got Google to do it for me. Oo err ... think I'm glad they are in German! They certainly like to shock a bit with their lyrics ... I guess Pussy is the big one in this regard! I'm not linking it here ... easy to find on Youtube :lol:

6 minutes ago, Mashed Potatoes said:

That ZeroThree channel just got itself a new subscriber! Nice one dude :) 

8) 

I sub to above and beyond podcast and each week there's always a gem on there. 

Theres some cracking tunes around youve just got to find them! I stumble across most of them whilst drunk.... :lol:  no surprise there really... ;) 

I feel so staid, still using CDs in car and it was ELO (live) today and Foo Fighters yesterday!