cubbyq

What are you listening to?

12 minutes ago, Retset said:

That's because I picked a relatively gentle one! At the end of the day, it's melodic death metal so there is usually a nice, melody somewhere. 

For a bit louder try

That's much better! 

Im back on my first love:-

2 hours ago, Retset said:

For a bit louder try

I can't even get my head around that! The first thing I thought was imagine trying to shag that, she'd probably ruin you, and then I thought no, get her a packet of Strepsils and you'll probably be O.K.........:shock:

I'm glad my metal musical taste has not gone totally unappreciated!

NWJW: Fair enough. Not everybody gets that style of 'singing'. I think the angry style of it fits well with certain sorts of metal. Although I like Arch Enemy (all growling), I feel that growling is best mixed with clean singing in songs - makes a nice contrast.

I vividly remember the first time I ever heard growling on a track (Tomi from Amorphis) and I was like WTF is that? It grew on me though!

Incidentally, growling doesn't mean a singer can't sing normally. Here is my favourite Kamelot song. Alissa from Arch Enemy makes a guest appearance at 2:58 and then clean sings about 30 seconds later. She actually has a very nice voice!

5 hours ago, Retset said:

I vividly remember the first time I ever heard growling on a track (Tomi from Amorphis) and I was like WTF is that? It grew on me though!

:lol: I had the same reaction. WTF turn that off, to actually this is OK. This will always be a favourite of mine from them. No growling though.

Currently listening to this: