cubbyq

What are you listening to?

Thanks retset you saved me trying to find this thread ;) 

as theres fuck all on the idiot box and it’s to windy and snowy to sit in the tub I’ve got you tube on and it’s spitting out some good tunes, like this one 

1 hour ago, Retset said:

Iron Maiden. Most of the day. Making a playlist. Don't know why I bothered because it's predictably full of mostly their older stuff. 

Not the Paul Di'anno stuff or Blaze i assume... although i saw PD perform in a 'Boro pub once a few years after the real deal with Bruce in Manchester. Seventh Son my first ever CD album!  

19 hours ago, SuperDave said:

Not the Paul Di'anno stuff or Blaze i assume... although i saw PD perform in a 'Boro pub once a few years after the real deal with Bruce in Manchester. Seventh Son my first ever CD album!  

Not the Blaze stuff! However, I'm gonna put a couple of the Di'Anno tracks in there. Can't decide which because they are all a bit the same. Most Likely Charlotte the Harlot and Wrathchild though. I can't say Maiden are a favourite of mine but I do like a lot of their 80's stuff. After the 80's my list only contains Bring Your Daughter to the Slaughter, Fear of the Dark, The Wicker Man, Brave New World and Rainmaker.

56 minutes ago, Mashed Potatoes said:

Lucky sod they were on up this way a couple of years ago and I missed them!

I was indeed lucky: My daughter texted me to say they were on so we got tickets and not long after they were sold out! If I had waited till I had seen the concert listed on Spotify etc., I would have been too late! I am used to metal concerts which, in the UK, either don't sell out or take a while to do so.

Halestorm have a new album out later this year which they have said is heavier than the last one. I can't wait.

I think the number of melodic death metal fans on this forum is possibly only 1 but I thought I'd mention Queen of Time by Amorphis is released on Friday and promises to be a cracker. I'm stoked for it. Two singles so far ... choose the top one for melodic death metal or the latter for something relaxing. Or just skip them ... ^_^

Edited by Retset
speeling!

I've been mostly listening to the KLF lately, I'd forgotten how good their stuff was;