535i Andrew

Michelin Primacy HP ZP tyres

65 posts in this topic

It might be if you are inputting vehicle details by means of no. Plate but car has different wheels on it from what the system thinks are correct?

According to my VIN I should have style 350 wheels which are 18" but I actually have a staggered 351 set up which are 19" wheels.

Using my number plate it comes up with both 18" and 19" on one of the sites....

1 hour ago, 535iAR said:

Using my number plate it comes up with both 18" and 19" on one of the sites....

A registration number on mine comes up with 18", 19" & 20" options

15 minutes ago, IanS100 said:

A registration number on mine comes up with 18", 19" & 20" options

Yeah, black circles does that to mine also! Just been on their site..

I've just replaced the rears yesterday on my 520d with the Michelin's 18in. I've only driven about 70 miles but they certainly seem quieter and give a more comfortable ride than the Continentals they replaced. How much of this might be down to increased tread depth and placebo effect I don't know. In the limited time I've had them its all good. If they wear out after 10,000 miles my view may change !!

BTW I got a good deal from f1 autocentres buying online

^what kinda Michelins did you fit?  Primacy 3, Pilot Sport?

Yes, as Andrew has said above, can you give us the exact model and numbers please and if you could share the price with us also, that would be great please?

Re price, same tyre inc vat exc fitting costs £172 or £166 or £203 depending on where you shop online, granted the £166 was exc delivery but it's only £4.55 / tyre!

^what kinda Michelins did you fit?  Primacy 3, Pilot Sport?

Primacy 3's 245/45 18 100 XL £352.68 fitted for the pair from formula one autocentres.

^That's not a bad price, 18" will be cheaper than 19" right enough.

Taxboy, are they ZP tyres please. Also, have they got the BMW "star" on them please and final question, how good is the rim protection please, ie, is it substantial? A picture would be really nice please!! Thanks, ?.

Taxboy, are they ZP tyres please. Also, have they got the BMW "star" on them please and final question, how good is the rim protection please, ie, is it substantial? A picture would be really nice please!! Thanks, ?.

They are ZP tyres. Where do I find the star on the tyre please. I'll see if I can post a picture at the weekend. If you search formula one autocentre their pictures may help

From my chat with Michelin staff they said that the Primacy 3 ZP are * (star) and MOE marked which means BMW and Merc runflats.  It should have a 5 pointed star on the sidewall along with RSC. I think the letters RSC are within the 5 pointed star.

Some pics as requested. I cant' really comment on how effective the rim protector is as it's not something I've ever considered when buying tyres so have no experience to draw upon I'm afraid.

As can be seen it does have the star

IMG_1047.JPG

IMG_1048.JPG

IMG_1049.JPG

IMG_1050.JPG

535i Andrew likes this

Thanks for the pics, yes it has a rim protector, doesn't look as prominent as the ones on the HP tyres that I've just scrapped.

I like the shine on the side walls, have you put anything on them?

When you run 19" rims your expensive alloys are 1/2" nearer the kerbs so rim protectors are handy.

PS you missed a bit cleaning your rims, :D

Yes Taxboy, a bit sloppy there with the cleaning sir!!!!

Anyway, thanks very much for taking the time to do the photos, really helpful, especially as Michelin could not be bothered to send me any!!!

As things stand, these will defo be the tyres to replace my P7's with I think. I would have liked the rim protection to be a bit more pronounced but not a show stopper to purchase. A great price also, the best price in the south tends to be Michedever tyres and a price I always use for price matching. They are £215 a corner, so, I am amazed at the F1 autocentres price.

Edited by nashdm2
Taxboy likes this

Thanks for the pics, yes it has a rim protector, doesn't look as prominent as the ones on the HP tyres that I've just scrapped.

I like the shine on the side walls, have you put anything on them?

When you run 19" rims your expensive alloys are 1/2" nearer the kerbs so rim protectors are handy.

PS you missed a bit cleaning your rims, 

Well to be more accurate the valeter at the dealership did. I'm afraid I don't know what tyre dressing they used. I do know that they used a vile deodoriser. Car stunk of strawberry milkshake and I had to drive home with the windows open ..... But that's another story

1 hour ago, nashdm2 said:

They are £215 a corner, so, I am amazed at the F1 autocentres price.

:o:o:o

I can source these @ £166 a corner exc fitting which is about £15 a corner, so that's well over £30 less than your quotes.

Yes, exactly, these guys have been my "go to" for years for the absolute best price and for the first time in years I am unimpressed!!!

Dave

2 hours ago, 535iAR said:

Just dawned on me, your 245 tyres will be on 8" wide rims, the 19" rims use the same tyre width, 245 but on a 8.5" rim, this stretches the tyre a bit and will force the rim protector out a bit more and make it look more prominent.

So I have two Michelin Primacy 3 245/40R19 98YXL* tyres winging their way to me.

Went for * tyres because recently I was out and about in a company car and came out to find a flat on the front. Swiftly changed this to allow me to get home to allow me to pick up the littl'un from nursery.

A flat tyre with no spare on the F10 on nursery pick up day would not help me! And I'd be in massive bother with Mrs 535iAR!

I'm just contemplating pulling the trigger on a full staggered set and the Primacy 3 seem to be favourite, so I'll be interested to know what you think of them.