Dotcom1970

FS: BMW DAB Tuner 65129176958

BMW DAB Tuner 65129176958

Not suitable for CIC or NBT based headunits

OIRO £100 to include courier delivery.

BMW DAB Tuner 65129176958

Not suitable for CIC or NBT based headunits

OIRO £100 to include courier delivery.

will this fit e60 CIC? and what coding is needed to get it to operate? can i just add a windscreen mounted aerial, any info regarding how to install?? or where etc? am interested.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just now, kjb1 said:

will this fit e60 CIC? and what coding is needed to get it to operate? can i just add a windscreen mounted aerial, any info regarding how to install?? or where etc? am interested.

Nope, only the M-ASK or CCC systems

Ok no probs!! I have a M-ask system which I was thinking of reverting to and selling the CIC system to free up money for other mod's. Further info be appreciated.

11 hours ago, kjb1 said:

Ok no probs!! I have a M-ask system which I was thinking of reverting to and selling the CIC system to free up money for other mod's. Further info be appreciated.

1. The DAB tuner, bracket and screws. See http://www.realoem.com/bmw/showparts...87&hg=65&fg=05
Best to pick up the tuner from ebay because BMW wants crazy money for this. 

2. The power and optical plug. This is the same plug as used on the CDC. Except the power is slightly different. The DAB is +12v pin 1, -ve pin 3 whereas the CDC is +12v and -ve pin 2. 
The parts you need are
Covering cap x 1 = 61136905200
Bushing contact 0.75MM² x 2 = 61130006663
Socket housing x 1 = 61136901844 $3.42 
Envelope f optical fibre cable 2POL. /SCHWARZ x 1 = 61138387214

3. The optic fibers themselves. This is the biggest problem to find because BMW sell this in 7m long lengths which you cannot cut at home. So best to buy a pair of these from Dension. Dension use these one their Gateway 500 and they sell this as a spare on their webshop. Basically what you need is two short lengths of fiber with Male crimps on each end. 
Dension sell this as a spare called "Optical connection kit for GW500 MOST" 
http://shop.dension.com/en/optical_connection_kit_for_gw500_most_(gw51mo2)__f oa1g51/bwxOj9JAVU10~tMQuwGdSTh6rF8BiOFGBQQq85R3viigpXBDY4 3L~Q/

4. DAB antennae. 
You cannot retrofit the E60 OEM dab because that requires another rear windscreen but some people use the Diversity amplifier from the X5 with a looped wire running above the rear windscreen. 
But you have several options, but easiest is to pick up an aftermarket one that has an SMB connector. The DAB module has two plugs, one for Band L and one for Band III. UK uses only Band III and the Band III plug is the one on the Left (looking at the back of the module while holding the module with the optic plug on the right). The SMB connector will fit directly into the module, you don't need to buy any BMW plugs for it. 
The one I have bought and known to work was bought from www.dabonwheels.co.uk and was called Kinetic MagnetwiG DMA-1002
What you can do is stick the antennae upside down in the boot under the parcel shelf. But my strongest advice is to experiment with different antennae and positions. 

5. Get the car coded. If you have a working NCSExpert set-up then you can diy. Just add $654 to the VO and Code Car. Otherwise this may be the biggest expense if you have to do this via an Aftermarket garage. BMW cannot do this because DAB is not a retrofit option whistling.gif