adeel43

Steering wheel wobble when braking?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BMW-E39-5-Series-Front-Tension-Strut-LH-Passengers-Side-MEYLE-HD-31121141717-/371868344975?hash=item569514a28f:g:YeQAAOSwjMJXDQcz

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BMW-E39-5-Series-Front-Tension-Strut-RH-Drivers-Side-MEYLE-HD-31121141718-/391583669819?hash=item5b2c349e3b:g:3Y8AAOSw8RJXDQoj

Theyre the same i believe on sport/se models, you can verify this by checking on the Meyle online catalogue, under Axle Mounting/ Steering/ Wheels Wishbone/ Swing Arm Joint Steering Links (wishbone, trailing link, diagonal arm)

http://www.meyle.com/en/service-centre/online-catalogue/

Fixed the braking wobble for me.

Edited by IINexusII

Not necessarily. Could be warped discs, but first get your calipers checked. I have a lazy piston that causes horrendous vibrations. New calipers, discs and pads soon.

^^^

Agree with the above

It could be arms, but could also be brakes as well (worn discs, unevenly worn pads, sticking caliper etc)

Get it all checked out first, hopefully the brakes or arms will be obvious when looking as to what needs to be replaced!

Go and do a few 60 to 0 hard stops to check its not pad deposits.

Ive been through the whole front end on mine and still occasionally get a judder - when i do a few hardish stops sorts it out.

The arms came up on the MOT as did the track rod ends so makes sense to start there. Discs and pads have done 30k so will swap them out for good measure.

I have a slight vibration again ( changed discs and pads last time ). But notice this completely goes when braking going down hill, with the weight up front it completely eradicates it?? My thoughts were lower arm bushes etc.

But I too find things improved in extreme cold temps and after hard braking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What is the standard BMW make for the front & rear discs and pads?

I'll be tackling replacement in the summer. Not keen on the Apec ones I put on last

48 minutes ago, WRussell said:

What is the standard BMW make for the front & rear discs and pads?

I'll be tackling replacement in the summer. Not keen on the Apec ones I put on last

Brembo I believe, but the price BMW charge for them with sensor wire it's a no brainer to buy from BMW themselves, they fit, they work and they're a tried and tested product

11 hours ago, Jim Bob said:

Not necessarily. Could be warped discs, but first get your calipers checked. I have a lazy piston that causes horrendous vibrations. New calipers, discs and pads soon.

Warped discs is a complete myth, its near impossible to warp a car disc, the "warping" you feel is usually pad deposits left on the discs which causes an uneven surface, creates vibration and in doing so creates the myth of warped discs.

That's what I found. Was looking at Euro car parts earlier and it would seem BMW are cheaper even with ECP having 30% discount!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'll be putting black Diamond discs and pads on shortly. Will report back with how they are but helps a friend owns the company!