Sandip

Today we remember Donut

12 posts in this topic

Today marks the passing of a year since we lost the man who was a friend to many and a figurehead of our community.

As we take a moment to reflect on the loss that is to our online family, spare a thought for his real-life family as they remember their good times with Darren.

This forum owes a great debt to Donut. The thriving membership we enjoy; the positive attitude of our collective - these are things Darren worked hard to achieve. Our own tribute is to strive to stay true to his guidance, to ensure that the forum is the best it can be and that we continue to build not just a resource for all things 5 Series, but a thriving community. Donut set a high benchmark, and while we may have struggled at times to hit his high standards, we will always aim to continue the good work he did.

There was an overwhelming response to fundraising for the Wiltshire Air Ambulance last year. Darren's family have asked us to pass on a message of thanks to each and every one of you who donated so generously, and have asked us to share this certificate by way of thanks.

Let's all find a moment today to remember the Boss Man. Find yourself a quiet moment with a sugary baked good, look back on the impact Darren had on our lives and give thanks for what we have.

On behalf of all of us at BMW5

Darren's fund raising certificate.jpg

GStarrr, Raymond, Medved77 and 14 others like this

Well said Sandip. Can't really add much to that other than to say thanks Darren - and RIP.

Hard to believe it's been a year.

Sandip likes this

My thoughts are with his family, for they will never forget the sudden circumstances in which he was so abruptly taken from their lives.

RIP Donut and best wishes and love, and hope, to his family as they continue to rebuild their lives in his absence.

Sandip likes this

To add, it was Dan who put it so eloquently and I posted it on our behalf. Thanks to all the team as always. 

RIP Donut God Bless.

A day late as was away, dreadful outcome to a combination of bad luck, poor road layout and timing.

RIP Donut, the forum and members value you greatly - then and now.

A year on since this sad loss, our thoughts are again with his family and loved ones. Thank you for creating and giving us this great forum. You will not be forgotten. RIP Dount. 

I've nothing I can add to what's already been said. I can't believe it's been a year already, I still miss his presence even though I never met the big man. R.I.P Donut.

Never met him in person but the way he conducted himself online, never forgotten.   RIP big man.