Azzy420

Upgraded from my E60 to F10 now need good HID kit or LED kit for headlights

7 posts in this topic

Hi guys,

Ive had a E60 for a few years now, but decided to upgrade it to the F10.

Picked it up yesterday and absolute love it, however one thing I am missing is the xenon lights, so wanting to upgrade this.

Was originally looking to get a canbus error free HID kit and put it in but was speaking to the guy I bought my E60 HID kit from and he said i would need to fit a resistor/relay as well and would be a lot of messing around.

He advised me to go for a LED headlight conversion kit and said they are more reliable and they are brighter than the HID conversion kits, and do really look the part. They are more reliable and a lot easier to fit also.

What are your thoughts? Any one done any of these upgrades yet?

Thanks

P.S its a pre lci f10 on a 2012 plate

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hid kit at 4800k fantastic! why 100% led??

it is no different to any other car in terms of fitting an hid kit. You will be able to fit one easily and no doubt has been done many times before.

I'd read about some problems with light control module or something..  so have you done it?

I second that, i heard the electrics on the f10 are very sensitive compared to the e60 so you will more than likely have to fit a relay to control the current, as any spike of current will trigger fault code, hence why my lights guy offered the led option instead and did say they will be brighter and more reliable than hid conversion kit.

He is going to supply and fit them for me in a few weeks when he is back of holiday, i will take before and after pics and post back on here my images