535i Andrew

Dash cams - convictions

16 posts in this topic

Any who uses a dash cam, have you used the footage to get a conviction against someone you filmed?

Just been chewin' the fat in the office over this one and would be interested to know.

Not to get a conviction, but used as supporting evidence in an insurance claim - driver denied it was him until my insurance company showed his mob the footage of him smacking into me (parked up with engine off!) and doing a runner !!

S

3 hours ago, 535iAR said:

Any who uses a dash cam, have you used the footage to get a conviction against someone you filmed?

Just been chewin' the fat in the office over this one and would be interested to know.

No - in all honesty the standards of driving I see when I'm out and about is so dire that I could spend most of my life finding fault... 

I've got better things to do...

For me it's about protecting myself should someone hit my car and then deny they were at fault etc...

Well I think this one is probably the best example of when it can work.

^ That is terrible and the reason I take a twenty mile detour rather than drive through Southall. I don't know what it is about that place. 

Obviously her actions are indefensible, and the dash cam footage was key to her prosecution but the lads come across as a bit vigilante do they not?

4 hours ago, Alexak said:

Well I think this one is probably the best example of when it can work.

Wow just wow! 

I didnt know they had mobile indian restaurants though... :lol: 

6 hours ago, duncan-uk said:

Obviously her actions are indefensible, and the dash cam footage was key to her prosecution but the lads come across as a bit vigilante do they not?

but if they didn't give chase, when the police went round her house that evening she would have said she sold the car that morning, happened to me.

^ I meant before though. Deciding to follow her almost in the hope of an incident.

Don't get me wrong her actions are appalling.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I too thought their actions if in any way intimidating may have contributed to her behaviour but I like to think that would have been taken into account by the court and they were no where near her when she ran the Ped over. So on the face of it, it was pure cold minded incompetence by the cock womblette and she deserved everything she got

Edited by Alexak

I personally can't see anything wrong with what the lads had done, they in no way egged the woman on to do anything, she was probably so pre occupied before she hit the old man that these two lads had no input into the way this woman behaved.

i just wish there was more people like these two, who took it upon themselves to make sure this woman suffered the consequences of her selfish actions, I say well done and they should be commended for there actions, imagine if they where the people that where behind that other hit and run video posted a few days ago, they would have got the culprit that put the young girl in hospital and I'm sure her family would be grateful of it, instead they are probably grieving and thinking the selfish coont is sitting at home not giving a shit about what he/she has done.

andy-e60, Doddy666, 711jrp and 1 other like this

12 minutes ago, burnzybubbles said:

I personally can't see anything wrong with what the lads had done, they in no way egged the woman on to do anything, she was probably so pre occupied before she hit the old man that these two lads had no input into the way this woman behaved.

i just wish there was more people like these two, who took it upon themselves to make sure this woman suffered the consequences of her selfish actions, I say well done and they should be commended for there actions, imagine if they where the people that where behind that other hit and run video posted a few days ago, they would have got the culprit that put the young girl in hospital and I'm sure her family would be grateful of it, instead they are probably grieving and thinking the selfish coont is sitting at home not giving a shit about what he/she has done.

^ bang on point.

711jrp likes this

18 minutes ago, burnzybubbles said:

The reason the country is in the state  it is today is there are not enough people like these tow lads and far to many people who would knock them for their actions.

andy-e60 and Mashed Potatoes like this

On 27 February 2017 at 6:33 PM, duncan-uk said:

No. They did the right thing.

andy-e60 likes this