535i Andrew

Energy Providers at it!

33 posts in this topic

It's because Raymond is paying for some of that! 

£80 a month for both?

Do you have solar panels and a connection to next doors gas supply?

Our monthly outlay for gas and electric combined averaged at £68.57 over the last 12 months for a 5 bedroom detached house, but that is after netting of FIT payments for the solar.  Monthly DD is £165.50.

I do hate all the messing about every year changing supplier, or at least hassling the existing supplier to price match, but it's the only way to get a decent price.  Why they make it so complicated I don't know, it's like train tickets, make it as complicated as possible so some poor sods end up getting fleeced.

When I changed 11 halogen 50watt spots to LEDs, I noticed squat difference to my bill but what I did notice was my head got cold in the kitchen as there was no heat coming from the halogens to keep my head toasty!

11x 50w = 550w vs 55w ( assume each led is 5w. ) No change? struggle to believe it. Plus you set your direct debit up and forget about it. Did you check your meter average kw/h consumption across a month before and after change?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

^What I'm saying is that I didn't notice the change in consumption.  I put my meter readings in on line every month and didn't notice a a significant change after doing it.  Yes I will be using less but no doubt the wife just used the tumble dryer more to wipe out any saving.

What a surprise, sure enough my closing credit is less than a £5.

I've asked for it back!

I've just rung our suppliers as their email estimated our annual increase in cost to be just over £36, so just over £3/month.

A letter today wants us to increase by £7/month. Told 'em no and agreed at £4.

Sent from my Vodafone Smart ultra 6 using Tapatalk