535i Andrew

Sending Parcels, courier recommendations

So I'm having a bit of a clear out/need some £££ to fund some stuff for the F10 and I have bits I can sell on the Bay of e.

The items in question will sell for between £50 and £100 going by what previous similar stuff has sold for

As Royal Mail lost the last thing I sent that I sold on eBay, I'm looking to send via someone else as Royal Mail gets pricey if you are wanting cover up to £100.

Collect plus, myHermes?  I've used myHermes before but my local agent doesn't do it anymore.

Any thoughts/recommendations who I can send my parcels with?

Another vote for UPS via Interparcel

However; I've found Parcelforce (drop off at PO or local depot) to be very good also

MyHermes ideal for cheaper stuff, usually lands within 2-3 days

Check both Interparcel and ParcelMonkey for prices etc

All the low cost outfits are a bit of a gamble

Low paid oiks driving like only white van man can in clapped out rusty vans, doubtful some are even carrying insurance to cover goods in transit etc

I can't recommend UK mail, when I had to return my Winter wheels their 'employee' took each wheel and threw them in the back of his over full van I saw several parcels get crushed by the impact. and one wheel was badly scratched 

Fierce competition amongst delivery firms means we are very much in a race to the bottom for quality v price.

Last time I sold anything on the biggest fencing operation for faulty, stolen and pirated goods on the planet I used Parcel Monkey iirc.

Thanks

The big thing here is that I'm looking for cover up to £100 if it fails to drop.  Its when you put the cover up to that level Royal Mail/Parcelfarce get well pricey.

I got caught out via Royal Mail with the last item I sold on eBay.  Buyer (or so he says...) never received it, I didn't send it signed for so no pot to pi$$ in and I have to give him his money back.

Have a look at parcel2go or parcel monkey for quotes.

You can set the insurance on my Hermes but it's 5p/£1

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Unless you're dealing with DHL, UPS, Fed Ex and the like, couriers are a big gamble. Wrap in armour plating and put tracking devices on your stuff otherwise.

Royal Mail have always been excellent for me. Not the cheapest, but you're probably paying a realistic price for the service you need and want.

ParcelForce always seems to do well. But I really like DHL, but this is usually for overseas. You can drop off at WH Smith's as they have a DHL counter. Not the cheapest, but quick and very efficient. 

DHL over Parcelforce. 

Parcelforce seem to take pick up dates with a spoon of salt. 

I send about 6-7 parcels through Hermes each day. Never had any problems and drop off point is next to my kids school. Win-win

I will have a look at DHL although I doubt the WH Smiths that I use will have DHL as they have a post office counter and it's my local post office (albiet in a small Indy shop) who has had to cancel his my Hermes as the post office won't let him have myHermes and the post office.  He has complained but .......

My Hermes have a drop off under central station in Glasgow which is dead handy.

Cheers guys.

I've used collect plus a lot in the past and found them fine but I always insure the parcel. I sold a Nexus 10 on fleabay and the woman contacted me to say thanks she received it but the courier had wedged it in her bush (fnar) when I challenged the signature they actually refunded the sale price of the Nexus without obviously reading my e-mail, ker-ching to the value of c£150

+1 for parcelfarce too, as with all couriers (we use a lot @ work) you get what you pay for Yodel through experience have been consistently piss poor, to the point a colleague will cancel an order if its via them

Ironically the Royal mail have seemingly just lost a 21st Birthday present we sent last week - now have to wait 15 days (in case it turns up) before we can claim.

No indication anyone had signed for it so god knows where it is right now

Very annoying there were several items from family members plus some Cheques in the parcel. 

End result the recipient received very little for his Birthday this year. :(

28 minutes ago, sshooie said:

+1 for parcelfarce too, as with all couriers (we use a lot @ work) you get what you pay for Yodel through experience have been consistently piss poor, to the point a colleague will cancel an order if its via them

Agreed, what ever you do, DO NOT USE YODEL!!! They are by and large the worse company I have personally had the unfortunate pleasure of dealing with. The are truly shocking and I just don't understand how they are still legally allowed to carry on "trading". Just google their name with "problems" next to it and you will literally hundreds of thousands of complains regarding them. They are a horrible bunch of thieves!  I have seen several of their delivery driver actually be proven to STEAL packages, especially anything related to car parts. Seriously AVOID!

UK Mail were the worst for me, unfortunately O2 business only use data them as their courier

Had both my previous iPad Pro and Nexus 6P never get delivered, they'd both been lost! Items got re-set not, they were lost again...! O2 still refused to send via other means...

Ended up cancelling the online order and went into the local store and collected it all. Both the guys a dealt with there said they know for a fact goods were being stolen, but O2 didn't want anything to do with it due to the embarrassment that would be caused.... :shock::roll: 

Given up using royal mail for parcels to the USA. Last one for my daughter in New York city ended up going to Florida (US parcels fault) took 3-4 weeks. Last time we used Parcels2go, cost a little more but took less then 5 days