Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Yokozuna

That actually happened yesterday....

59 posts in this topic

I hear what you are saying....

infact fnuk fnar it, I'll take the seats out and put them next to the car then take the carpet out and drape it over the fence that the car is parked next to and see just how much wetter it is when I put them back in! :rolleyes: 

i take it when I said I've no where to store them you thought I was joking? 

The carpet aint coming out....

dry your eyes!! just adding to that moisture in that carpet my house has a roof, don't know about yours??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dont waste your time then regarding trying to vax or dry it out form top down, I tried then gave up and pulled it all out. Appreciate what you are saying, if thats the case stop wasting your time trying it your way, you really are doing fnuk all and your efforts will be wasted. Not having a go here by the way.

You say the roof doesn't work - if it is electric then there is a reset which iirc is under the back seat - the rear bench comes out very easily to clean/dry btw. I found the original build sheet under mine!

The carpet IS NOT coming out and IS NOT going to be dried out in my house! 

I will deal with the consequences later! I might not have the car long enough to dry it out anyway! 

If I had some where that didn't disrupt the well oiled machine that is family life then I'd be taking the carpet out and steam cleaning it and drying it out, but seems as there is no option for that everyone can say take the carpet out until it's burnt into your computer and/or phone screen and it still won't be coming out! 

Now lets move on....

btw it sounds exactly like you're having a go! 

All day I've had people tell me what they would do, how I SHOULD do it and why! 

The carpet is now only damp to touch apart from one area that is still wet but that is due to the car being parked on a slight angle.

before you go on again about it won't get dry, I know! 

6 minutes ago, E39mad said:

You say the roof doesn't work - if it is electric then there is a reset which iirc is under the back seat - the rear bench comes out very easily to clean/dry btw. I found the original build sheet under mine!

Mr mad the roof wiring loom has been butchered and the three motors are individually controlled off 3 window switches, after fucking about with them today I got the roof to move then one of the switches failed and it burnt the fuse out! And was stuck in a position that I would say looked like a can corned beef when the key thing snaps off when trying to open it! :lol: 

what you're thinking of is the disengagement of the hood motors so you can manually shut it! I needed to do this... 

I think were in for rain for the next few days anyway so it'll be put on hold until it passes, might take it for its MOT then see where I'm at on it?

The carpet IS NOT coming out and IS NOT going to be dried out in my house! 

I will deal with the consequences later! I might not have the car long enough to dry it out anyway! 

If I had some where that didn't disrupt the well oiled machine that is family life then I'd be taking the carpet out and steam cleaning it and drying it out, but seems as there is no option for that everyone can say take the carpet out until it's burnt into your computer and/or phone screen and it still won't be coming out! 

Now lets move on....

btw it sounds exactly like you're having a go! 

All day I've had people tell me what they would do, how I SHOULD do it and why! 

The carpet is now only damp to touch apart from one area that is still wet but that is due to the car being parked on a slight angle.

before you go on again about it won't get dry, I know! 

I am not having a go, you are taking this way too sensitively. "fnuk fnar this"...... as you would say!

I think it's raining round here so I'd give that a miss.... ;)

is that a mechanical roof or hydraulic?

10 hours ago, Yokozuna said:

Mechanical, got all cables an shit! 

I think you need to program all start and stop points for tonneau, fifth bow and hood after you've fixed the loom. Hydraulic roofs you can get away with all that.

fück operating it with three switches. I've got to press one and that's enough for me.....

1 hour ago, chopp said:

Why not wrap it in cling film!! Just a thought like!!

IMG_1596.JPG

Wrap what in Cling film? 

An if you wrap dogs in cling film, expect a knock on the door from the RSPCA....

38 minutes ago, Raymond said:

I think you need to program all start and stop points for tonneau, fifth bow and hood after you've fixed the loom. Hydraulic roofs you can get away with all that.

fück operating it with three switches. I've got to press one and that's enough for me.....

Yeah you're right, about the programming. 

I'll see how I go...

On ‎20‎/‎02‎/‎2017 at 7:23 PM, Yokozuna said:

Is this not a project thread? :? 

No, its only a roof and wet carpet moan as yet, nothing resolved - that when thread runs:wacko:

Raymond likes this

I've not done any moaning! 

And due to the climate and time I'm unable to work to resolve the problems with the car! 

10 hours ago, Yokozuna said:

I've not done any moaning! 

You've not stopped moaning since you signed on back in 2009 you bloody turd…. ;)

22 minutes ago, Raymond said:

You've not stopped moaning since you signed on back in 2009 you bloody turd…. ;)

23 hours ago, Yokozuna said:

Fuck off ray! 

There's no need to say it twice! :lol: 

I'm waiting for you to turn up Duncan! 

went to southport once for work. Didn't like it. Never went back

You working on the fair? Or mucking the donkeys out? :lol: 

Well after many many hrs of swearing and head scratching the car now looks like this....

image.jpeg

The drivers window is stuck up, had a quick look but think the motor is knackard, as it's making clicking noises when the button is pressed. 

Took it for a little drive around the block and thought it had caught fire with all the white smoke bellowing out of the exhaust and smelling very much like when water gets poured on to electrics....

Edited by Yokozuna

Sounds like the window regulator may have gone - common issue.

Here's how to fix: