DennisCooper

Dakar Yellow RHD E39 M5 - For Sale on Ebay

This car lived fairly local to me for years, spotted it twice, but never managed to see it stationery, I wanted to leave a note in case the owner was considering selling. Colour is different, but I really struggle with the current asking price!

It was bought for a fairly stiff price going by the previous ebay ad. Price is not crazy if it is everything he says it is and has genuine fbmwsh.

Not my cuppa though at even 1/2 that price. But I hate that colour unless perhaps on an E36 M3

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Is anyone thinking of bidding for it? 

Many people on here seem seem to have a hard time distinguishing between fact and opinion. I for one love the colour - a bit more interesting than the usual and adds a bit of rarity. I guess the less people on here who like the colour the better for anyone buying it! 

Hi guys, I was brought to your forum and this thread after seeing that M5 on eBay and searching for Dakar Yellow E39 M5 on Google following my own curiosity about the colour. I'm not entirely sure if the whole eBay account is a scam, they seem to have lots of high end motors listed pretty cheaply such as an E46 M3 for £5500 but then also bizarrely have a T5 for £85k. I did message them before about the Impreza that's listed, asking for more info, pictures etc but they never responded to me, to try and scam me or otherwise. Unless they wait for people to click on the buy button, I can't understand what they are doing. 

The company is listed here https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/03996025 and the eBay username does loosely match one of the shareholders names. 

To add to the mystery, the registration number appears to be for sale here https://www.click4reg.co.uk/private-number-plates/D17DES/ which would indicate that it is no longer on the car. The original plate appears to be Y868OUM but this doesn't seem to work on a DVLA lookup whereas the private one does. 

Edited by tallpaul