DennisCooper

Dakar Yellow RHD E39 M5 - For Sale on Ebay

53 posts in this topic

Hi,

One of the 2 in the world Right Hand Drive Dakar Yellow E39 M5's is up for sale on UK Ebay currently! For anyone wanting an Individual M5 that's also very rare, this could be your chance !

Asking price is £15,500, pre-faclift 1999. Looks like bit of a bit of a dirty engine bay and something is hanging just under the front bumper that's yellow but shouldn't be there. The advert itself isn't very good at all and the more potentially serious issue of the Engine Management light constantly on but the BMW dealer Dick Lovett unable to find any faults is mentioned! Heritage full black leather, later upgrades for the headlamps and rear lamp clusters, 16:9 oem monitor upgrade and I think what looks like the very rare Birch Anthracite interior trims. Yellow dual colour later steering wheel and handbrake leather cover. Nothing else listed in the advert !

Looks like it's one to have a fine tooth comb check over prior to any purchase and I suspect it'll sell for quite a bit lower than the asking price in current condition!

Cheers, Dennis!

Hi 

Ebay item number is 252778117254 and looks like the listing ends 26th Feb 2017.

I'm sure there's quite a number of E39's of all variants with Birch Anthracite trim, but overall not many at all. Hardly any sets come up for sale either. The last complete set on M5board came up a few days ago and was sold within 24 hours at around the equivalent of around £450 !

Cheers, Dennis!

Edited by DennisCooper

I just posted this on the eBay section. He says 1999 but DVLA and BMW both say it's a 2001.

Lovely in theory, but it just looks awful and will never hit £15.5k.

nothing coming up with that item number?

Looks hideous in yellow! Also looks a tired car

urquattro likes this

Bet the EML light staying on is the AA code, carbon build up, even with being reset it will come on after every 4-5 cold starts...

Also it's probably a 1999 build and only registered in the UK in 2001...

A bit too pricey IMHO 

Hi,

Corrected the item number - apologies, typing skills went out the window, feel much better now I've had some dinner!

According to M5portal there's two Dakar Yellow 2 right hand drive examples. There's 9 left hand drive examples of which 5 are were for the USA and the other 4 went somewhere in all of the other left hand drive markets. On M5 board, the topic of the DY E39's has come up a few times and it seems some examples were exported/imported to other countries.

With a little effort in cleaning the car, it'd look significantly more presentable and the mobile phone picture quality doesn't do the advert any favours at the asking price! ...    so who's going to go view it ?!

Cheers, Dennis!

Also it's probably a 1999 build and only registered in the UK in 2001...

A bit too pricey IMHO 

When I checked the VIN, it came back with a 2001 build date.

Not a fan of yellow cars but each to their own.  The MOT history doesn't show too many advisories over the years so looks like it hasn't been completely neglected.

Jerome likes this

Loved my spitfire in yellow but not sure a yellow m5 would be my choice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10 hours ago, DennisCooper said:

Hi,

Corrected the item number - apologies, typing skills went out the window, feel much better now I've had some dinner!

According to M5portal there's two Dakar Yellow 2 right hand drive examples. There's 9 left hand drive examples of which 5 are were for the USA and the other 4 went somewhere in all of the other left hand drive markets. On M5 board, the topic of the DY E39's has come up a few times and it seems some examples were exported/imported to other countries.

With a little effort in cleaning the car, it'd look significantly more presentable and the mobile phone picture quality doesn't do the advert any favours at the asking price! ...    so who's going to go view it ?!

Cheers, Dennis!

Not me, looks like bold custard and very little class, be ok with halford's additional wings...........etc, so many nicer other colours than this.

I agree that this looks to be very shabby and the colour is very 'Marmite' on an E39.  The interior in particular looks very poorly looked after which makes you wonder about the rest, the front passenger seat leather looks very badly worn.  It does however look very original, even the yellow bottom of the steering wheel and handbrake boot were specified as Individual customisations.  The floor mats with lemon edging seem to have been lost though.

I guess if you want a genuine Dakar E39 M5 then you've not got much choice, so £15.5k might be a bargain, there are only 2 RHD cars.  If you want a decent E39 M5 and don't mind the colour, look elsewhere!

Edit - looks like at least one of the rear lemon edged floor mats has survived, rear paperhanger side is just showing in the photos.

Edited by RichardP

Only a couple of cars away on the production line from mine that one :o

Does yours have yellow overspray then?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

All the options are correct for BJ11725.  It's not BJ11216 which is the only other Dakar car.

Seesure likes this

Each to their own but that colour totally ruins the lines of the E39 and it looks bloody awful! It looks like a bit of a shed too. If that makes £15k then most of the cars on the forum must be worth thirty grand!

Edited by Jameswsb
spelling!

Dakar yellow looks vile on the E39.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Jameswsb likes this